Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got notification today that my Stelvio has arrived in port on the East Coast of Canada.
It's still another 6 weeks until it makes it here but it's a month ahead of schedule.

I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was lucky walked into showroom and persuaded dealer to sell so my wait was 3 days . BUT the wait will be worthwhile its a stunning car.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pissed!

My dealer only ordered my Stelvio on the assurance that it would have the new hardware that was Apple/ Android capable.
The Ti arrived today way ahead of schedule, apparently because they changed one already on the assembly line into my build.
One that is not Apple/ Android compatible.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am pissed!

My dealer only ordered my Stelvio on the assurance that it would have the new hardware that was Apple/ Android capable.
The Ti arrived today way ahead of schedule, apparently because they changed one already on the assembly line into my build.
One that is not Apple/ Android compatible.
Can you reject it and reorder?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you reject it and reorder?
I'm waiting to see what they come back with as a solution.

Their first attempt was to try and get me to take it as is and then replace it later with the correct one. I'm not paying the depreciation on driving a car for a few months because someone else messed up.

Still waiting for them to come back with options.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer has come back and told me that the radio unit cannot be upgraded and if I take the vehicle I will never have Android support.
Also according to them the Stelvios on the February production run will have android/ apple support.

So I guess I'm waiting another 4 months for a factory order again. At this point I might as well wait for news in Jan of the performance package availability.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The dealer has come back and told me that the radio unit cannot be upgraded and if I take the vehicle I will never have Android support.
Also according to them the Stelvios on the February production run will have android/ apple support.

So I guess I'm waiting another 4 months for a factory order again. At this point I might as well wait for news in Jan of the performance package availability.
Was it a full 4 months for you? My dealer is saying 3-4 months but probably closer to 3...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was it a full 4 months for you? My dealer is saying 3-4 months but probably closer to 3...
Well that turned out to be the issue. I was quoted 4 months but it ended up being 3 as they took a vehicle already on the assembly line (with the old radio hardware) and assigned it to my build. With a new build it's supposed to take a month before it hits the assembly line so I am expecting a 4 month delivery.

·
Registered
508 Posts

I'm sorry but what does "android/apple support" mean?? that if you plug in your phone you can use it on the infotainment system or that the car has android/apple car play installed as software??

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm sorry but what does "android/apple support" mean?? that if you plug in your phone you can use it on the infotainment system or that the car has android/apple car play installed as software??
Pretty sure they're referring to Android Auto/CarPlay.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty sure they're referring to Android Auto/CarPlay.
Correct. The current radio in it will not be degradable to support Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto and they are telling me that it cannot ever be upgraded or swapped out.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also the way its designed you can NOT install a better sound system yourself.
Seriously? I've never even heard the upgraded HK system, is it lacking?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll revive my old thread.

Stelvio order number #2 is getting its final touches at the dealer and I should be picking up end of next week.

This has been a long experience starting Sept of last year when the first order was placed. Looking forward to finally having it on my driveway.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's finally here and she does not disappoint. I am super happy with the active suspension in the short drives so far. Soft mode is really compliant and comfortable without feeling floaty or like you are cornering on a marshmallow.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's finally here and she does not disappoint. I am super happy with the active suspension in the short drives so far. Soft mode is really compliant and comfortable without feeling floaty or like you are cornering on a marshmallow.
Love the '20"s in black, I am looking into having mine powder coated.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love the '20"s in black, I am looking into having mine powder coated.
Definitely do it. I think it looks so much better with black wheels. Makes the beautiful coloured brake calipers really pop.

Reactions: 1929

·
Registered
478 Posts
Gloss black a standard option in Canada? I had the option of any color as long as it’s silver.

Getting black gloss powder coat in a couple weeks. Have to recover from my paint correction detail first.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts