Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the world if forums, hopefully it pays off.

I have a 2018 Stelvio and have grown tired with the lack of oomf from the stereo so I've purchased an in line mini amp with built in dsp (Kicker Key 180.4 Smart Amplifier) to give the door speakers a bit of a boost and a sub and amp for the boot.

I plan to mount the mini amplifier somewhere behind the stereo itself but can't find any help online to assist with removing the dash and accessing the stereo itself. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
R

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
You dont want an amp in the dash anyway.

Heat biuld up will damage the other electronics there long term.

The footwell is great if there is room.

Most likely you will have to run wires to a space, maybe under one of the front seats where you put the amp, then run another set back to connect to the factory speaker wiring/harnesses. Not really hard, probably easier than disassembling the dash would have been.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The screen is just the display, the ETM is the radio and that is located in the front left footwell.

Hi, I've made a start on putting in the mini amp but I'm struggling to locate to the ETM I have the passenger footwell disassembled and still no luck, I have found a plug that when disconnected the radio to go off, any ideas? Or does anyone have a wiring diagram I can use to figure it out?

Cheers,
R

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's some info from the giulia, would think stelvio is almost the same.....
I think you need to be on the driver side btw, not passenger side ;)
replacement HU giulia
Thank you!! I was starting to get confused to why I couldn't find anything that resembled a head unit! ? I assume the confusion came from the rhd and lhd differences.

Cheers!

·
Registered
103 Posts
The OP is British, I assumed RHD. ETM location should not change (in the US, LHD vehicles, it is lefthand side), but I don't have British service info. Would be surprised if it changed sides for RHD market

1 - 9 of 9 Posts