Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
That would be crazy. Maserati and Alfa merge would be great!

Reactions: Jeff

·
Registered
330 Posts
Chrysler is essentially eliminated....an aging 300 sedan and a new really cool mini van (Pacifica) that can be rebadged as a Dodge....Funny how if FIAT leaves again and Chrysler is axed the parent company would be orphaned !! But it may be a way to keep the Chrysler fanboys (are there any ? ) pacified...in other words, the marque disappears but the corporate name is maintained....as for Alfa and Maserati....would be ideal for marketing and combining R and D for future products...too much history with both marques to eliminate one badge....both marques would survive...it would be more of a corporate merger .....and along this vein, the lines have already been blurred (4 C is heavily impacted by Maserati production facility , 8 C was essentially a 2 seat Gran Turismo, etc).....

Reactions: Banffstelvio

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have some unerring connections at the Vatican. Rumor has it that the blended name Alferati has been kicked around for several weeks. A new sports sedan might be named the Ghiublia.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have some unerring connections at the Vatican. Rumor has it that the blended name Alferati has been kicked around for several weeks. A new sports sedan might be named the Ghiublia.
Better than Maseromeo.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
So we all agree that Chrysler is essentially DOA. I see future Alfas built in the US at former Chrysler plants.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
763 Posts
I do not know what may happen, but after talking with my service manager at the dealer this morning, I do not plan on doing anything to my Stelvio until all comes out with what may or may not take place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I do not know what may happen, but after talking with my service manager at the dealer this morning, I do not plan on doing anything to my Stelvio until all comes out with what may or may not take place.
Can you elaborate?

Ray

·
Registered
763 Posts
^^^^^^

When talking with the service manager, he stated he had been trying to contact the Alfa rep for my area and had not been able to reach him. The service manager indicated he received word that the Alfa rep was too busy right now to address any issues. The service manager stated he had never had an issue getting the Alfa rep to respond before and felt something was going on.

Now, I am just taking a cautious approach to things and I just wonder if there is some possible movement with positions within my local support Alfa staff. Maybe this is just coincidence with the reports that Alfa is supposed to have an announcement tomorrow and all of that. Who really knows for sure, just speculation at this time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
^^^^^^

When talking with the service manager, he stated he had been trying to contact the Alfa rep for my area and had not been able to reach him. The service manager indicated he received word that the Alfa rep was too busy right now to address any issues. The service manager stated he had never had an issue getting the Alfa rep to respond before and felt something was going on.

Now, I am just taking a cautious approach to things and I just wonder if there is some possible movement with positions within my local support Alfa staff. Maybe this is just coincidence with the reports that Alfa is supposed to have an announcement tomorrow and all of that. Who really knows for sure, just speculation at this time.
Thanks for the quick reply...I think many are waiting to hear the news, not just the AR people. Some were saying that FCA was spending money on Alfa Romeo and Maserati that should have been spent on Chrysler.

Ray

·
Registered
478 Posts
Spending money on crusty old Mercedes chassis versus developing a performance based global platform which can run from a compact sedan to a three row SUV?

FCA made the right choice. Chrysler’s lineup has been pretty dire for 30 years.

Reactions: ViscontiVerde 164L*

·
Registered
763 Posts
Many in the US take when people state Chrysler, they think Chrysler as the parent company of Dodge, Ram pickups, Jeep and do not really think about the Chrysler tagged vehicles. So let’s just speculate that the announcement tomorrow may remove some brands. That COULD mean that Jeep, dodge and ram pickups could/would remain in production and Chrysler MIGHT not. All of this is just speculation and maybe we find out tomorrow or find out this is all just talk. Maybe the announcement tomorrow is really an invitation to all current FCA owners to join the FCA executives at a good old BBQ.

·
Registered
330 Posts
No more Chrysler....No more FIAT

Along those lines....I suspect the Chrysler name will carry on as the Corporate entity (ie GM being the Corporate entity that makes Chevy, Buick, Caddy, etc) and the Chrysler brand will no longer carry on (models that are viable will morph into "Dodge") and FIAT may go away as well...No stimulating product except the Spider (which may get a redesign and become an Alfa Spider)....

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
First official report from Sergio's swan song

Well here you go guys and gals-- details starting to filter out. No dire news but definitely some cool predictions (and Tesla targeted for Alfieri, a new sub brand to be introduced). The goal of being debt free- which has been painful as far as new product- provides a major bedrock foundation for an efficient and productive future + a great legacy to leave.

Alternate propulsion is the future but the best part is focus on premium brands where the $$ is and apparently no clear signal on who will fill Sergio Marchionne's Italian loafers down the road - but a full slate of lieutenants on hand to carry his train:

https://www.ien.com/operations/news...06012018&utm_term=22440&[email protected]

Reactions: Alfaholico
1 - 20 of 24 Posts