Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Quad
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thought the this thread was dead but here's the update...

I got the QV back and she ran fine on the way home. I'm letting it sit till next weekend as that will be the acid test. But long story short, they claimed it was the two ECU's not talking to each other properly. They replaced one of the ECUs and then flashed it with new software and thats when all hell broke loose. The dealer said the car would barely run afterwards. It turns out that they had blown a fuse and never even checked for something simple. He said even the Alfa tech that came out ripped deep into why the car wasn't running and came back empty.

On the part of the Alfa retention team, I just assumed that because the dealer (hopefully) found the problem and if so, then the customer (me) is happy. Their job is done. But I actually got a call from them (voice mail) on friday asking how it went. Then the last part of the message she actually wanted to talk about compensation... Now keep in mind, I never once said anything bad to the dealer about keeping my car. I enjoyed having the two loaner cars (the Maserati was sweet) and I told my dealer that the QV just sits anyways. So even if they just sent me a Alfa Key Chain, I'd be thinking they did more than they needed to. But I'll post again once its settled.

So win one for Alfa. If the QV is fixed (we'll find out soon), I'm a happy customer.

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
479 Posts
Thought the this thread was dead but here's the update...

I got the QV back and she ran fine on the way home. I'm letting it sit till next weekend as that will be the acid test. But long story short, they claimed it was the two ECU's not talking to each other properly. They replaced one of the ECUs and then flashed it with new software and thats when all hell broke loose. The dealer said the car would barely run afterwards. It turns out that they had blown a fuse and never even checked for something simple. He said even the Alfa tech that came out ripped deep into why the car wasn't running and came back empty.

On the part of the Alfa retention team, I just assumed that because the dealer (hopefully) found the problem and if so, then the customer (me) is happy. Their job is done. But I actually got a call from them (voice mail) on friday asking how it went. Then the last part of the message she actually wanted to talk about compensation... Now keep in mind, I never once said anything bad to the dealer about keeping my car. I enjoyed having the two loaner cars (the Maserati was sweet) and I told my dealer that the QV just sits anyways. So even if they just sent me a Alfa Key Chain, I'd be thinking they did more than they needed to. But I'll post again once its settled.

So win one for Alfa. If the QV is fixed (we'll find out soon), I'm a happy customer.
I would suggest asking for a no charge service contract as a goodwill gesture for your inconvenience. The way to approach this is something like, “ I love my Stelvio and tell everyone I know about it. I want to continue to be a brand advocate and was hoping Alfa would do something to keep me happy and loyal to the brand.”

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Quad
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update: Alfa has put their cards on the table and its not bad... not bad at all. They offered me $3000 cash out or $2500 and some appearance plan for 5 years plus 10 oil changes, to which I will take, just for the oil changes. I will probably sell the car before all my oil changes are up.

The appearance plan is very strange for a Mfg. Unlimited paintless dent removal, unlimited crack and chip fix for all glass and covers most of the interior for damage. Maybe its a lease return insurance plan? I'm going to ask if it covers wheel rash cause I could already use that. LOL

I let the car sit for 5 days before I started it again. I just jumped in and hit the starter button and it fired right up. No turn on/off/on just pressed the button. It felt way smoother than it ever did before on a cold start. It sat again for a few days and again I just jumped in and started it. Once again, very smooth... I'm thinking what I used to think was the cat pre-warm routine might have been it not starting correctly. We shall see but fingers crossed.. so far so good.

Well, to wrap up, my hat is off to Alfa. The dealer gets an A (I guess maybe even A+ for getting the rention team involved) and Alfa gets an A++++. I would've been very happy if they just covered my last maintenance bill but they have tripled that! Maybe I might trade this QV in a few years for something Maserati or Alfa again... Thank you Alfa!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts