Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you read about FCA's upcoming plans for the brand, but here are the main highlights. Alfa Romeo will be ending the 4C sports car, and instead will be bringing back the 8C name on a 700hp hybrid supercar by 2022. They also plan on implementing long wheelbase interiors of both the Stelvio and Giulia. They have two new SUV's planned, with one sitting below the Stelvio as well as a brand new flagship.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Don't forget the GTV.

I don't know how many of you read about FCA's upcoming plans for the brand, but here are the main highlights. Alfa Romeo will be ending the 4C sports car, and instead will be bringing back the 8C name on a 700hp hybrid supercar by 2022. They also plan on implementing long wheelbase interiors of both the Stelvio and Giulia. They have two new SUV's planned, with one sitting below the Stelvio as well as a brand new flagship.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
other than electricity it's pretty much the same plan with the dates moved.
what is of concern to me is the FIAT plan for the US, because with Fiat/Alfa dealers there is a national presence with a good chance of getting the sales they need.
If FCA drops Fiat in the US we are left with maserati/alfa dealers, which turns AR into a big city only vehicle with even less support if you venture outside major metropolitan areas.

At that point they might as well change the stelvio name to an old chrysler one - New Yorker - as it will be a commute vehicle instead of a road trip one.

·
Registered
228 Posts
alfa's 5 yr plan

I was surprised when I read FCA was talking about pulling Fiat from the US market because I see Fiats all over Las Vegas. They seem to fit into the Mini Cooper / Volkswagen Beetle category and appear quite popoluar. I was amazed when a guy down the street got rid of his two BMWs (has a couple of crotch rockets too) for Fiats and drives them just as hard. Things could change once the FCA chairman leaves and the new guy comes in or if economic conditions change or sales change, etc.. Personallly I think Alfa Romeo would be a better fit with Maserati because they are performance cars as opposed to my impression of Fiat as more of an economy car but maybe the guy down the street who traded in his BMWs for Fiats knows something I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Alfa and Maserati make quality vehicles. They will both survive. Fiat makes small cars, which is almost an endangered species in the USA. Maybe the recent higher fuel prices will help small car sales- but there are lots of smaller SUVs now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts