Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Update

At about 900 miles the tires started to handle better, it turns in sharper. At 1000 miles like I have on now they are even better, the Summer tires were a 10 and the A/S are a 9 to 9 1/2.
I probably should list the tires and sizes and what I paid.

They are Pirelli Scorpion Zero Plus
Front 255/45VR20 $239 each
Rear 295/4ZR20 $339 each

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got a nail in my front left tire and under tire hazard warranty my dealer replaced the front tires with Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons. It is interesting having these tires in front and my original P Zero summers in the back. The steering definitely doesn’t feel as sharp (like 9/10) but my god the (front half of the) car is so much quieter and more compliant. I am looking forward to switching my rears when they are up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I got a nail in my front left tire and under tire hazard warranty my dealer replaced the front tires with Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons. It is interesting having these tires in front and my original P Zero summers in the back. The steering definitely doesn’t feel as sharp (like 9/10) but my god the (front half of the) car is so much quieter and more compliant. I am looking forward to switching my rears when they are up.
Hello Spamthechan,
We are certainly happy to hear your dealer was able to help assist you with your tire concern. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future feel free to reach out to our team. We are always happy to help.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
416 Posts

Rear 295/4ZR20 $339 each
Helo Rockit,
We have received your private message, however it seems like it is locked and we are unable to respond. We wanted to touch base with you here to make sure you were aware of this. If you are able to fix this on your end, please reach back out.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which Pilot Sports did you get? I need to buy some tires and more than likely I will go all season for the longer wear. I have some A/S 3+ on a Boxster. Love them!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Question for you guys running the High Performance All Seasons type tires. I've been reading that the the S (snow) rating only lasts for the first 10k miles or so and then they act similar to summer tires. Anyone have experience in the higher mileage range and still using them during the winter? It seems to me if they really do wear down that quickly where they lose their S rating then you either have to replace more frequently or still do the two different type of tire setup that I'm trying to avoid. What is everyone's experience with this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Pilot Sport A/S 3+. So far they are great!
You should get significantly more miles out of them than P Zeros as well.I only have 5800 miles on the P Zeros. I will be lucky if I get another 2000. That's with driving in Advanced Efficiency non aggressively 95% of the time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had DWS 06 on my prior 480hp supercharged rwd XJL. Actually worked pretty well when new in light snow and deep slush (245/40 front and 275/35 rear). Ice marginal like any AS tire except maybe Nokian. When the tire wears a certain amount the S impression on the tread wears away but the compound does not change like a Blizzak snow tire. It means that there is not enough tread depth to ensure snow traction. My tire dealer at that time told DWS last 20-25k miles - reasonable estimate, fyi the Jag weighed 4300 lbs so not much more than Stelvio. DWS is a great tire, a little soft in the sidewalk so steering response is a little off but rides really well. Tire rack has a good comparison. I have no experience with the Michelin Pilot AS 3+, almost went there but use Nokian snow tires in winter and just installed Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV. Very pleased. The Nokians will be good snow for 20k miles.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had DWS 06 on my prior 480hp supercharged rwd XJL. Actually worked pretty well when new in light snow and deep slush (245/40 front and 275/35 rear). Ice marginal like any AS tire except maybe Nokian. When the tire wears a certain amount the S impression on the tread wears away but the compound does not change like a Blizzak snow tire. It means that there is not enough tread depth to ensure snow traction. My tire dealer at that time told DWS last 20-25k miles On the Jag - reasonable estimate, fyi the Jag weighed 4300 lbs so not much more than Stelvio. DWS is a great tire, a little soft in the sidewall so steering response is a little off but rides really well and lots of traction. Tire rack has a good comparison. I have no experience with the Michelin Pilot AS 3+, almost went there but use Nokian snow tires in winter and just installed Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV. Very pleased. The Nokians will be good snow for 20k miles. your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Bigger rubber unless you specifically shop by weight ADDS WEIGHT. Unsprung weight can do more wrongs than 10mm of width can ever hope to achieve.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Rear 295/4ZR20 $339 each
What would you all think of the same rears but with 265/45R20 fronts? Same weight as the 255/45R20 (32#; both 5# over OEM Pirelli PZero (PZ4)) and 29.3" diameter instead of 29.1".

The rear, by the way, weighs in at 36# and 29.3" diameter compared to 31# and 29.0" for the PZero. What changes in handling can one expect from these changes?

Data from TireRack.com:

This front/rear set fits your 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Standard Brakes.
SIZE
UTQG
TIRE WEIGHT​
255/45R20
101Y SL
AR Alfa Romeo, Sport

Front​
1,819 lbs​
51 psi​
9/32"​
27 lbs​
8-9.5"​
8.5"​
10"​
8.5"​
29.1"​
715​
IT
285/40R20
104Y SL
AR Alfa Romeo, Sport

Rear​
1,984 lbs​
51 psi​
9/32"​
31 lbs​
9.5-11"​
10"​
11.4"​
9.5"​
29"​
717​
IT
Specs for Selected Tire
We have not confirmed that this size fits your 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Standard Brakes. View Tires That Fit
SIZE
UTQG
TIRE WEIGHT​
265/45R20
108Y XL
2,205 lbs​
50 psi​
10/32"​
32 lbs​
8.5-10"​
9"​
10.5"​
9.3"​
29.4"​
MX
Specs for Selected Tire
This front size fits your 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Standard Brakes. View Tire Sets That Fit
SIZE
UTQG
TIRE WEIGHT​
255/45R20
105Y XL

Front​
2,039 lbs​
50 psi​
10/32"​
32 lbs​
8-9.5"​
8.5"​
10"​
8.8"​
29.1"​
MX
Specs for Selected Tire
We have not confirmed that this size fits your 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Standard Brakes. View Tires That Fit
SIZE
UTQG
TIRE WEIGHT​
295/40R20
110Y XL
2,337 lbs​
50 psi​
10/32"​
36 lbs​
10-11.5"​
10.5"​
11.9"​
10.3"​
29.3"​
MX

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got a set of DWS06s, 255/45/20 on the front and 265/40/20 on the rear. Drove through a steady rain and took a 45 mph curve at 85. Tires held as if it was dry! I will try to take some pics later, along with my opinion of the tires. These are heavier than the P Zeros. I am a bit concerned about that. I really wanted the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ or Pilot Sport 4S. Just could not get the fitment correct. I have run Michelins on all of my vehicles for over 30 years with one exception. I had Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta on a Cayenne Turbo. That was an excellent tire.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts