Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, good times folks. I appreciate BossaNova's recent post about the Firmware update out on March 5, 2020, for earlier build systems. I have a 2018 TI Sport, running, previously, 059. So, for many months, I had issues with the infotainment not permitting favorites in the phone setup, telling me, despite some contacts in the system, "no items to select." I imagine there were other issues too, that I had not recognized, but from what I learned, or we learned, once iPhone 7 came out, or anything newer than a 6S, the infotainment system had problems with compatibility. This said, I had certainly called, posted, complained. U Connect engineer, in the past, advised they simply cannot keep up with new phones and IOS updates, but question was whether they would ever do something. I pleaded for Alfa Romeo Cares, to Care.

I am so happy to say that the infotainment Firmware update launched on March 5, fixes the compatibility issues with phones newer than a 6s. Phone favorites now seems to work. Other enhancement is that the sound for leaving a lane is no longer that deep sound, but a higher pitched sound. AND, when parking, as you pull into the spot, and the alert goes off, it stops when the vehicle is put in park. It never used to stop until your ears bled. THANK YOU ALFA ROMEO.

Now, the release notes suggested a number of other fixes, I have yet to appreciate. I asked about other updates, but as I was told, unless you complain about something specific, they cannot simply check for any and all firmware updates. Specific complaint, they will see if it is addressed, and will update under warranty.

So, for now, I am very happy the phone favorites work. I am very happy the sound when parking stops when I do. I am very happy that Alfa Romeo, while working slower than I would have hoped, seemingly realized the issues out there, and finally demonstrated we were not left out there with issues that could not be fixed. Mark

·
261 Posts
I had the software updated yesterday and I have a different experience. First, I keep getting the message that I reached the limit on my phonebook as soon as I start the car and connect my phone. Second, while I am able to change stations now almost immediately after starting the car (instead of waiting a couple of minutes to be able to do that), the system froze on me TWICE on a radio station. I think that happened after I ended a phone call.

Does anyone know if the infotainment system can be restarted while driving?

And does the software update include the car system software or just the infotainment? Dealer said that they are both in the same package.

Also, when I start the car while next to an obstacle (pole, another car, etc.) while the car is in PARK, the damn beep goes off and doesn't stop. Maybe one of these days they'll get it right.

Does Alfa Care?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had the software updated yesterday and I have a different experience. First, I keep getting the message that I reached the limit on my phonebook as soon as I start the car and connect my phone. Second, while I am able to change stations now almost immediately after starting the car (instead of waiting a couple of minutes to be able to do that), the system froze on me TWICE on a radio station. I think that happened after I ended a phone call.

And does the software update include the car system software or just the infotainment? Dealer said that they are both in the same package.

Also, when I start the car while next to an obstacle (pole, another car, etc.) while the car is in PARK, the damn beep goes off and doesn't stop. Maybe one of these days they'll get it right.

Does Alfa Care?
Hold the volume button on the center console down and it will turn off. Do the same, and it will turn back on.

"The car system" does not exist as there are many different individual modules that are all individually updated. Sometimes, infotainment updates will prompt other modules in the car to be updated, but that is not a given. And it is not automatic, the technician has to do it, using wiTECH. Infotainment updates are a simple USB flash drive in the console.

·
261 Posts
Hold the volume button on the center console down and it will turn off. Do the same, and it will turn back on.

"The car system" does not exist as there are many different individual modules that are all individually updated. Sometimes, infotainment updates will prompt other modules in the car to be updated, but that is not a given. And it is not automatic, the technician has to do it, using wiTECH. Infotainment updates are a simple USB flash drive in the console.
Are you saying HOLD it down, and not just a single push?

·
Registered
515 Posts

Does Alfa Care?
Hello WoodstockDude,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your ongoing concern. If you are unable to determine the cause of this with the assistance of fellow forum members and decide reaching back out to a certified dealer, please know that we are available via private message if you are in need of any assistance with that process.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just had the recall done, but not sure if they did the infotaintment update. Can someone remind me what version it should be on now for a 2018 (old system)? Also what would I need to do in theory to get Favorite loaded on the supposedly working update? I tried removing personal info and re-connecting the phone but no deal there, still no Favorites.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It looks like they did not update the infotainment software (still on 02.09.043). Called service to let them know and waiting to hear back on how they want to handle.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I have the latest infotainment software? I have a 2019 Stelvio, no navigation. Thanks!

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's not the latest, there is at least a version 090.000.061

see also:
infotainment updates
so I redid the A85 update first and the backup camera is much larger now. Going to do the A90 next. This is amazing, it’s like I was blind and I can see again.

OH YEAHHHHHH! (KOOL AID MAN)

Reactions: jwq2

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's not the latest, there is at least a version 090.000.061

see also:
infotainment updates
Wow, so basically this is a huge improvement over the previous infotainment firmware, I thank you and appreciate the work you put into publishing the new firmware for the public to utilize and not be at the mercy of the dealership. The rear view camera is much bigger, and my waze is much faster and responsive when giving alerts. This is just simply the best.

Reactions: jwq2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi team I am an Australian Alfa Stelvia TI owner since 2020 - bought one new from dealership (2018 built model). Been chasing local FCA to no end re. Two things. 1. Map updates - there have been none and the maps are very outdated here in Sydney (query how you can advertise the car fully equipped with Nav if you are selling cars with maps that are two/three years old).

2. Update to allow android auto to have widescreen rather than the the big AA logo. Apple Carplay utilizes the entire infotainment screen. This is an update to be made on Alfa end not the phone company.

Anyway I don't know where else to turn. No response from FCA and dealership believes nothing can be done re. Above. Glad to see some progress made here on other issues but wondering where alfa care can help point me in right direction.

·
Registered
590 Posts
so does that mean mine is super old? I have a 2018 Stelvio. B VIN
Not really. There is one slightly newer version, 002.010.043.
Not compatible according to description for Australia and New Zealand for some reason ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not really. There is one slightly newer version, 002.010.043.
Not compatible according to description for Australia and New Zealand for some reason ;)
Thanks, found the update, looks like it fixes a few things but nothing major for me. I will update maps though. :)

firmware 002.010.043
The customer experiences one or more of the following faults:
  • System spontaneous freeze
  • System spontaneous reboot
  • Audio interference during playback of music from external devices
  • Malfunctioning of voice commands when setting the destination in Dutch.
  • Malfunctioning of local calls when setting the destination in Dutch or English. This problem only occurs if the address is set in low countries.
  • Failure to recognise USB flash drive "WelcomePackGiuliaQuadrifoglio".
  • Failure of local call function by setting the destination in the following countries: Malta, Lebanon.
  • After the previous software update of the ETM module, it is no longer possible to tune in to DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) radios.
  • After about 90 minutes of driving, the bar with the name of the road being driven on and the speed limits are blocked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts