Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2018 stelvio sport TI loaded on the window sticker it says Android auto $100 Apple carplay $100. I plug in to hook up and nothing comes up there is no display there is no Android Auto or Apple CarPlay option in any of the infotainment center options. Anybody have this issue? the build date of my car is December 22nd 2017. Alfa tells me It should be available if built after December 11 2017.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We have a 2018 stelvio sport TI loaded on the window sticker it says Android auto $100 Apple carplay $100. I plug in to hook up and nothing comes up there is no display there is no Android Auto or Apple CarPlay option in any of the infotainment center options. Anybody have this issue? the build date of my car is December 22nd 2017. Alfa tells me It should be available if built after December 11 2017.
The 2018s did not have Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Some late 2018's did. If it is a line item on the Monroney sticker it is on the car or you have a really easy to win lawsuit on your hands.

Not sure how to activate it though, pretty sure on either you need to have the specific android auto or carplay stuff activated on your phone too...might be wrong about that, hope someone with it who knows how it works can help.

..regardless you should have it on the car if the sticker says so.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
The 2018s did not have Apple Carplay or Android Auto.
Just a clarification. Many 2018s do have ACP. Mine does, build 4/2018.

In a few words.

1. Check if you have the dual usb hub under your arm rest and if you do it is a simple activation taking 5mins at the dealer if you don't then:

https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/267-alfa-romeo-stelvio-diy-how/10591-installation-activation-dual-usb-hub-aa-applecarplay.html
Also, for what this is worth: Best if you have iOS 12 on your iPhone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You may also have to reboot your phone right before attempting to mount with ACP. ACP May require you to have the screen unlocked and for you to “authorize” the car as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same exact issue! It seems we have the same build dates as well, so maybe it's a problem for all December 2018 production cars?

I've been to the dealer twice about this and they keep telling me that they don't know what's wrong and they need an Alfa service representative from corporate to come and check it out.

I've been busy for the past few months, so I wasn't able to schedule anything, but from what I've read on here, it should literally be a setting that they toggle "On", but I don't think the techs at my dealer know...

I've been having to just use the regular Bluetooth and USB connections :(

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Please correct me, but dont you have to use the usb for carplay?

I thought wireless carplay was another thing and we dont have it, wired only.

Honestly the more I learn about it the more I think cars and phones should be like church and state...separate...

...truth is I got places faster and easier planing my routes with paper maps before nav or google/apple maps. Never got lost...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Please correct me, but dont you have to use the usb for carplay?

I thought wireless carplay was another thing and we dont have it, wired only.

Honestly the more I learn about it the more I think cars and phones should be like church and state...separate...

...truth is I got places faster and easier planing my routes with paper maps before nav or google/apple maps. Never got lost...
Yes, you do need a hard wire USB connection for Car Play/Android Auto.

Android Auto has released a spec to allow for a wireless connection, but only a limited number of head units support it at this time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A few comments which might be helpful

Some, but not all, 2018 model year Alfa Romeo Stelvios(& Gulias) have apple&android car play. This was very important to me when I was searching for the Stelvio I purchased so I was forced to learn what I am sharing with all of you.

...for some unexplained reason as of yet, the Italians (who are always on their mobile phones —- take a walk in any Italian city and look around if you don’t believe me) decided to design their 1st gen infotainment system so it CAN NOT be updated with apple/android car play. Yeah, dumbass move!

Easiest way I learned to identify IF apple/android car play could even be available on a Stelvio was to look at the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)...if the 2 characters in the 11th and 12th positions read “7C” then the vehicle CAN Have car play. If you see a “B” in location 12 rather than a “C” - then the vehicle WILL never have car play unless you replace the entire infotainment system. (No soup for you - back of line)

My 2018 model year Stelvio TI Lusso (built in July 2018) DOES HAVE CAR PLAY.

I have an Apple Phone so I can not comment on Adroid.

Apple Car Play will work entirely when the phone is hard wired (USB cable). Everything (at least the discrete list of limited apps available via apple car play) work great with my vehicle.

Some features (Pandora, Music, Phone, Text) work fine via Blue Tooth connection.... without USB connection.

The reason the other apps need to be wired is related to bandwidth requirements to transmit and receive the data. Yes, BMW carplay works entirely via Bluetooth...But BMW designed a Local Area Network into their vehicles to provide fir that.... (think of the wireless router in your house).

BTW, you must enable Car Play on your mobile phone before it will work with any vehicle.

Hope each of you enjoy your Alfa as much as I am enjoying mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hola asustate con tu post. En el número de vin de mi stelvio en el paso 12, a B. parece que es imposible tener Android car o Apple car jugar o con una corriente o reemplazo de usb ??? la construcción de mi stelvio fue 17/9

·
Registered
5 Posts
A few comments which might be helpful

Some, but not all, 2018 model year Alfa Romeo Stelvios(& Gulias) have apple&android car play. This was very important to me when I was searching for the Stelvio I purchased so I was forced to learn what I am sharing with all of you.

...for some unexplained reason as of yet, the Italians (who are always on their mobile phones —- take a walk in any Italian city and look around if you don’t believe me) decided to design their 1st gen infotainment system so it CAN NOT be updated with apple/android car play. Yeah, dumbass move!

La manera más fácil de aprender a identificar si el juego de autos Apple / Android podría estar disponible en un Stelvio fue mirar el Número de Identificación del Vehículo (VIN) ... si los 2 caracteres en las posiciones 11 y 12 leen "7C", entonces el vehículo PUEDE Jugar en el auto. Si ve una "B" en la ubicación 12 en lugar de una "C", entonces el vehículo nunca tendrá un juego de autos a menos que reemplace todo el sistema de información y entretenimiento. (No hay sopa para ti - al final de la línea)

Mi año modelo 2018 Stelvio TI Lusso (construido en julio de 2018) TIENE JUEGO DE COCHE.

Tengo un teléfono Apple, así que no puedo comentar sobre Adroid.

Apple Car Play funcionará por completo cuando el teléfono esté cableado (cable USB). Todo (al menos la lista discreta de aplicaciones limitadas disponibles a través de Apple Car Play) funciona muy bien con mi vehículo.

Algunas funciones (Pandora, Música, Teléfono, Texto) funcionan bien a través de la conexión Blue Tooth ... sin conexión USB.

La razón por la que las otras aplicaciones deben conectarse está relacionada con los requisitos de ancho de banda para transmitir y recibir los datos. Sí, BMW Carplay funciona completamente a través de Bluetooth ... Pero BMW diseñó una red de área local en sus vehículos para proporcionar abeto que ... (piense en el enrutador inalámbrico en su casa).

Por cierto, debe habilitar Car Play en su teléfono móvil antes de que funcione con cualquier vehículo.

Espero que cada uno de ustedes disfrute de su Alfa tanto como yo disfruto del mío.
[/CITAR]
hola asustate con tu post. En el número de vin de mi stelvio en el paso 12, a B. parece que es imposible tener Android car o Apple car jugar o con una corriente o reemplazo de usb ??? la construcción de mi stelvio fue 17/9

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check your system info, if it starts with 001 or 002, it's impossible to have the ACP or Android Auto from Alfa, unless you replace a new ETM and the dual USB unit.
But there is still a solution for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE = "Camilostelvio, publicación: 139028, miembro: 9141"]
Hola alex, ¿de qué se trata este video? ¿Cómo puedo obtener esa aplicación?
[/CITAR]
mi sistema comienza whit 002

·
Registered
8 Posts
[QUOTE = "Camilostelvio, publicación: 139028, miembro: 9141"]
Hola alex, ¿de qué se trata este video? ¿Cómo puedo obtener esa aplicación?
[/CITAR]
mi sistema comienza whit 002
It's a unit developed to enable the car play and Android auto on early Alfa models, it's not an app. Contact the rfcarsystem that unloaded the video, you will be in good hands.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts