Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Now that I have my stelvio Diesel 2018, can anybody confirm if I can update my 8.8 inch 3D-connect infotainment system to support Android Auto? Has anyone successfully done it?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is it on your build sheet/ window sticker? If it shows then you should only have to plug your Android handset in with a USB cable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it on your build sheet/ window sticker? If it shows then you should only have to plug your Android handset in with a USB cable.
I do not have it from the factory. I am wondering if I can upgrade the software or buy a software upgrade to support Android Auto. I have heard that the new built models (built in 2018), will support software upgrade to support Android Auto. Need to know if anyone has done it this way.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The upgraded radios in vehicles manufactured after Dec 11, 2017 are supposed to be capable of getting the software but no one on the forum has reported having theirs done.
Confirm your build date and then check with your dealer for software or reach out to Alfa Romeo Cares on this forum.

Reactions: avimit

·
Registered
125 Posts
Unfortunately, the 18 I just bought and waiting to be delivered is a "B"..
B is for Bummer.... Was looking forward to finally having android auto :cry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
If your vin number has a B in the 11th place and not a C you will never be able to get it.
Hi, for cars with a "C", how do you go about installing Android auto? Do you need to plug in any modules or is it purely a software upgrade?
Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
With a "C" it should be plug-n-play. No extra updates or software needed. Android/Apple Car Play should also be listed on the manufacturer/window sticker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With a "C" it should be plug-n-play. No extra updates or software needed. Android/Apple Car Play should also be listed on the manufacturer/window sticker.
Unfortunately for me it's not listed on my window sticker, but I have 7C as my 11th and 12th characters in my chassis code. Is there anything I can do to activate Android auto?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately for me it's not listed on my window sticker, but I have 7C as my 11th and 12th characters in my chassis code. Is there anything I can do to activate Android auto?
After doing some more reading it looks like I need to change the USB hub under the armrest. I currently only have one USB connector and I believe I need the unit with two connectors.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The C as the 12th character means you are AA/ACP compatible. I'd suggest calling your local AR dealer about the USB hub swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I just installed the upgrade usb module part listed in the dealers bulletin for the Gulia as they don't have an upgrade for the Selvio (according to the dealer) into my 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport that I picked up. My vin is a C but the android auto is not listed in the infotainment source options. Needless to say there is still no Android audio and the local dealer says the programming upgrade only pertains to the Gulia?

Anyone able to get an update to work?

Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hello all,
I just installed the upgrade usb module part listed in the dealers bulletin for the Gulia as they don't have an upgrade for the Selvio (according to the dealer) into my 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport that I picked up. My vin is a C but the android auto is not listed in the infotainment source options. Needless to say there is still no Android audio and the local dealer says the programming upgrade only pertains to the Gulia?

Anyone able to get an update to work?

Thanks
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

1 - 13 of 13 Posts