Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2019 Ti Sport (Rosso Competizione, Chocolate interior). I looked for a few weeks for one that had all the features/colors that I wanted, and the closest one was ~900 miles away. The local dealer that I visited had one with everything I was looking for except that it was missing the Nero package, so the dealer had their local shop apply the Nero package (except for the side mirrors - I preferred not to change them). After reading through the forums here, I also purchased the TUX mats.

Very happy with the car so far. I asked the dealer (Autobarn in Evanston) if they could swap out the black stop/start button for a red one, and they said they really didn't do that (and the price would apparently be much, much higher than what I've seen on these forums). Would appreciate hearing from anyone in the Chicago area that has had that done.

These forums have been a great resource - very helpful in making my decisions. Looking forward to a Chicago meetup when the weather is less vortexy.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice, welcome! I also bought from Autobarn, had a great overall experience with them. So many people from Chicago - somewhere in here is a Chicago meetup thread if you want to dig it up and follow it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So many people from Chicago - somewhere in here is a Chicago meetup thread if you want to dig it up and follow it.

Thanks - I saw that and signed up last week.

did you do the exhaust tips and diffuser and emblems in black as well?

Yes - I was planning to take more/better pics when the weather clears up here. Interestingly, your pictures inspired a few of my choices (TUX mats looked great with the chocolate interior, and I liked the flow of the red on the sides of the car and skipped doing the Nero blackout on the side mirrors). Your shots really make the car pop, and can't beat that scenery!

·
Registered
350 Posts
The TUX mats are nice!!!

Quick vacuum and just wipe them with a wet rag or spray some glass cleaner on them and once in a while hit it with some exterior Detail spray.

You will love the vehicle. its just so much fun to drive and when its clean it will turn heads and have people taking pictures with it.

Congratulations!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I think it's interesting that your front plate is on the passenger's side. Mine is on the driver's side... I would have thought they'd just have one standard bracket for that instead of two. Another Alfa quirk I guess... haha

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I think it's interesting that your front plate is on the passenger's side. Mine is on the driver's side... I would have thought they'd just have one standard bracket for that instead of two. Another Alfa quirk I guess... haha
That's really odd because the other side on my stelvio is not even threaded. It's just a whole in the metal lmfa0 Can we get some pics of both on this one just for fun?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drivers' side is where the holes are to mount the plate (using the Alfa supplied mounting plate). Goes upward from mounting point. Most dealers do not appear to know how to do it correctly. I figured it out and trained my dealer in the procedure. Passenger side has sensors on my Stelvio that would have been blocked by a passenger side mounting. No holes needed in the sheet metal at all.

Mark

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Drivers' side is where the holes are to mount the plate (using the Alfa supplied mounting plate). Goes upward from mounting point. Most dealers do not appear to know how to do it correctly. I figured it out and trained my dealer in the procedure. Passenger side has sensors on my Stelvio that would have been blocked by a passenger side mounting. No holes needed in the sheet metal at all.

Mark
I mounted mine using a tow hole add-on, like many here in the forum. I see the holes you referred to, and I have the mounting bracket that came with the car. The overall size is for a US-sized license plate which is OK. However, the holes on the bracket do not match the license plate holes, and the bracket did not come with any way to attach it to the bumper. So how did you manage? Pictures?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice, welcome! I also bought from Autobarn, had a great overall experience with them. So many people from Chicago - somewhere in here is a Chicago meetup thread if you want to dig it up and follow it.
Congrats... I got mine in Evanston as well. Have you named it yet or is this just a tradition my family does? I named my Lorenzo as its a great Italian boys name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts