Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the start of my membership in December, I sent a Linked In invitation to Pieter Hogeveen (PH), the Director of Alfa Romeo, North America (NA). Knowing how I scrutinize adding a new "Link," I was pleased that he was able to take time and read my invitation and accept. We've traded a couple of introductory messages with the last ending in a big thumbs up about the future for Alfa in NA.

I mention this one connection because I think there are many in the FCA organization, and all Alfisti working to make the new era in North America a success; all the way to the top, people are listening, so keep talking!

:devil

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think someone posted up yesterday that AR NA has a new director? Or perhaps it's a different position.

At the start of my membership in December, I sent a Linked In invitation to Pieter Hogeveen (PH), the Director of Alfa Romeo, North America (NA). Knowing how I scrutinize adding a new "Link," I was pleased that he was able to take time and read my invitation and accept. We've traded a couple of introductory messages with the last ending in a big thumbs up about the future for Alfa in NA.

I mention this one connection because I think there are many in the FCA organization, and all Alfisti working to make the new era in North America a success; all the way to the top, people are listening, so keep talking!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Interview I found with him

Exclusive: Interview with Pieter Hogeveen, Director of Alfa Romeo North America - GTspirit

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Different Position - ieter is marketing "Director" - the mention yesterday by Scalewoodman was about Timothy Kuniskis, "Head" of Alfa Romeo and Maserati, a much larger role.

I was trying to find another video with Pieter, which was part of a car magazine video - still looking. If anybody knows the one I'm talking about - 3 or 4 segments of a car magazine online...

Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
It is my sense that these guys are hands-on and approachable and as passionate about making the brand work as we are all as fanboys (and fangirls of course). No matter how much you spend, word-of-mouth referral and 'normalizing' something new is always the best, cheapest, and most targeted marketing channel. Especially for an emotional brand. In marketing theory, innovators and early adopters have a few unique characteristics: Risk takers, excitement junkies, innovators, passionate consumers, emotional conquests, and specific demographic (financially stable) etc.

Innovators (2.5%) – Innovators are the first individuals to adopt an innovation. Innovators are willing to take risks, youngest in age, have the highest social class, have great financial lucidity, very social and have closest contact to scientific sources and interaction with other innovators. Risk tolerance has them adopting technologies which may ultimately fail. Financial resources help absorb these failures. (Rogers 1962 5th ed, p. 282)
Early Adopters (13.5%) – This is the second fastest category of individuals who adopt an innovation. These individuals have the highest degree of opinion leadership among the other adopter categories. Early adopters are typically younger in age, have a higher social status, have more financial lucidity, advanced education, and are more socially forward than late adopters. More discrete in adoption choices than innovators. Realize judicious choice of adoption will help them maintain central communication position (Rogers 1962 5th ed, p. 283)."

Source: https://ondigitalmarketing.com/learn/odm/foundations/5-customer-segments-technology-adoption/

Reactions: TiSport

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
"These individuals have the highest degree of opinion leadership among the other adopter categories. Early adopters are typically younger in age, have a higher social status, have more financial lucidity, advanced education, and are more socially forward than late adopters. More discrete in adoption choices than innovators. Realize judicious choice of adoption will help them maintain central communication position."

Any fellow Stelvio fans see yourselves in these descriptions? I thought so. You're welcome.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"These individuals have the highest degree of opinion leadership among the other adopter categories. Early adopters are typically younger in age, have a higher social status, have more financial lucidity, advanced education, and are more socially forward than late adopters. More discrete in adoption choices than innovators. Realize judicious choice of adoption will help them maintain central communication position."

Any fellow Stelvio fans see yourselves in these descriptions? I thought so. You're welcome.
Well, I’m certainly opionated! That aside,

If you are new to Alfa, and a new Alfa owner, you can now empathize with an older guy like me who was so sad to give up his last Alfa (back in the late 90’s), knowing that the marque may never return to the US. For me, this is just fantastic being behind the wheel of a new Alfa Romeo; freaking awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Was thinking this morning wondering how many Model 3 innovators might give up and jump on the Alfa bandwagon? You should have seen the face on my snooty neighbor in his Model S when I drove by in Stella (giving up my 10 year old Jeep GC in the process). Yep I outcooled him for a change... tough act to beat.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not so hopeful about the Model 3 and Model S peeps - I'm sort of getting the idea that we need to come up with a similar moniker, like "Teslarati", as we Alfisti might then understand...

And, I "get" Tesla, but still do not know what the true environmental impact is regarding the conversion of electricity generated by anything other than, solar, wind or water power, v. fossil fuel consumption, and the impact of the batteries as they are manufactured and ultimately used. But I do not get having to stop for the day at 200 miles...

But all the other crossover owners out there (exclude the Porsche peeps) that take an Alfa for a drive for the first time will understand that at that point they are behind the wheel of the ultimate driving machine.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
TrevStelvio: "Stella" is my Stelvio. Turns out she's a 'she' according to her D-N-A (pun intended) and the fact that she told me to &%^# off a couple of times.

TiSport: Let's put it this way- I would sure rather have a portfolio of FCA stock with Sergio Marchionne at the helm than Tesla stock which is literally 'in orbit' and not looking too promising short term given the issues getting Model 3 to market.

Reactions: TiSport

·
Registered
508 Posts
To AR if you really are listening:

For the past 100 years you have made beautiful cars that work great, BRIEFLY, and have done nothing to improve your reliability reputation in Europe, your home continent.

Now that you are TRYING to come BACK to the US you need to shed the bad reputation you left behind 20 plus years ago, by standing behind your product.

1.) How about working on consumer confidence by offering bumper to bumper 10 year/100,000 mile warranty just like Kia and Hyundai did when they were trying to penetrate the competitive US market? That's what their TV adds and commercials where based on, not the fun of driving. AR can go much farther than the Korean newcomers if it would instill confidence in the (BADLY ERODED) reliability issue.
The Koreans are SUCCESSFUL newcomers to the US market and maybe you can learn a thing or two from their marketing strategy.

2.) Why don't you combine service shops of AR and Maserati so customers can use either of them? You can have different showrooms but provide the same special tools and technical training to both crews. You will save a ton of expenses if the service departments are combined.

Just a thought for your management team, whether its revamped or not.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my little mule...

Pepe, my Stelvio, is all male, and is generally telling me just go faster... :devil

Not the same breed of Pepe as the little mule from Romancing the Stone, but streetwise the same...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Was thinking this morning wondering how many Model 3 innovators might give up and jump on the Alfa bandwagon? You should have seen the face on my snooty neighbor in his Model S when I drove by in Stella (giving up my 10 year old Jeep GC in the process). Yep I outcooled him for a change... tough act to beat.
I'm not so hopeful about the Model 3 and Model S peeps - I'm sort of getting the idea that we need to come up with a similar moniker, like "Teslarati", as we Alfisti might then understand...

And, I "get" Tesla, but still do not know what the true environmental impact is regarding the conversion of electricity generated by anything other than, solar, wind or water power, v. fossil fuel consumption, and the impact of the batteries as they are manufactured and ultimately used. But I do not get having to stop for the day at 200 miles...

But all the other crossover owners out there (exclude the Porsche peeps) that take an Alfa for a drive for the first time will understand that at that point they are behind the wheel of the ultimate driving machine.
TrevStelvio: "Stella" is my Stelvio. Turns out she's a 'she' according to her D-N-A (pun intended) and the fact that she told me to &%^# off a couple of times.

TiSport: Let's put it this way- I would sure rather have a portfolio of FCA stock with Sergio Marchionne at the helm than Tesla stock which is literally 'in orbit' and not looking too promising short term given the issues getting Model 3 to market.
Pepe, my Stelvio, is all male, and is generally telling me just go faster... :devil

Not the same breed of Pepe as the little mule from Romancing the Stone, but streetwise the same...

https://youtu.be/pMBnpJoZCzk
Can you please inform us all on what these posts have to do with the title of this thread?? Do you guys just need a chat room??

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you please inform us all on what these posts have to do with the title of this thread?? Do you guys just need a chat room??
Got carried away...:|

·
Registered
536 Posts
musk with tesla has some great ideas but reading about model 3 production and how crude the assembly process is,
and the fact that they don't farm out things like seat construction to a company that builds seats and can do it for a fraction of the cost.
And the fact that they're not even close to approaching planned production numbers. Love the idea and price of the s3 but just don't think tesla is going to be capable of pulling it off.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From the owner, and from the perspective owner view, what would be the top three things ALFA needs to listen to - from my take - prospective owners are concerned about reliability, features expected, and expectations of future viability; and on the owner side, things like service/dealer relationships, may top the list?? Thoughts on top three from each side, that ALFA needs to “consider?”

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I'm about as far as you can get from scalewoodsmans "definitions" or "profiles"

I've had four Alfa's, totalling over thirty years of ownership, and guys maybe somewhat like me are the ones that order without a test drive or a car of the year award, etc, because we have an appreciation for what Alfas are.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
CalgaryStelvio- Haha: I trimmed about 15 years with a haircut/beard trim, and sexy new Stelvio and a hot blonde by my side fiddling with dual sound system controls to keep her busy.

Reactions: CalgaryStelvio
1 - 20 of 20 Posts