Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is a base Stelvio without the sport package. Thus, the brake calipers are not painted. I wonder if anyone has painted their brake calipers themself?

·
Registered
536 Posts
they have brake caliper paint kits, but to really do it right you have to take the calipers off and dismantle them.

Mine is a base Stelvio without the sport package. Thus, the brake calipers are not painted. I wonder if anyone has painted their brake calipers themself?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I also notice the Alfa Romeo sign on my calipers are painted on. If I paint it in another color, the sign will disappear.

they have brake caliper paint kits, but to really do it right you have to take the calipers off and dismantle them.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI SPORT AWD 2020 Vesuvio Gray Metallic / Red Interior
59 Posts
its cheaper to order it from your local dealership the color you want.... I had this done in the past its very time consuming... every part has to be taken apart... And all the brake fluids have to be completely drained... cheaper to buy set of four calipers the color you want... And yes if you spray over the sign it will be gone.... i spend 1100 dollars having mine painted....
its very messy job and costly...
john j

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
388 Posts
I bought the paint, took off the wheels and hand painted them with a brush on my Audi. Left calipers on . Couldn't have been more easy,Looked good and held up well.

As for the script, you can use a much thinner brush and carefully outline the script and then paint to the line or use the die cut type.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, some of these ideas are quite expensive. I'm in the process of doing mine right now. I use G2 caliper paint. It is an epoxy coating that is brushed on with a brush that comes in the kit. It is a two part reactive mixture that hardens to the touch in about an hour and is significantly harder after 5 hours. The kit can be found on eBay and amazon for about $60. After the epoxy coating is dry I use vinyl decals purchased from eBay and then I spray a thick layer of clear coat over them. Never had any issues with this method on any of my vehicles. My calipers are currently silver with black letters, after it's done they will be yellow with black letters.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
388 Posts
Wow, some of these ideas are quite expensive. I'm in the process of doing mine right now. I use G2 caliper paint. It is an epoxy coating that is brushed on with a brush that comes in the kit. It is a two part reactive mixture that hardens to the touch in about an hour and is significantly harder after 5 hours. The kit can be found on eBay and amazon for about $60. After the epoxy coating is dry I use vinyl decals purchased from eBay and then I spray a thick layer of clear coat over them. Never had any issues with this method on any of my vehicles. My calipers are currently silver with black letters, after it's done they will be yellow with black letters.
I think that technique is easy to do, will give you a great look ,last a long time and wont break the bank. What range of colors do you have to choose from?

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are all sorts of colors, red green yellow orange black purple white. Even more, just do a quick search and I'm sure one of the colors will find suite for you. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
It’s really easy. You’ll need to use some brake cleaner and get it as clean as you can. I used a soft wire brush and did it again with just a rag. I did not take the calipers off though so I had a lot of taping to do. Then I used a spray paint prep. After that a primer and then most importantly a high heat caliper paint and did a couple of costs. Then After the paint dried I put the decal on and then I used a clear coat to over the caliper which made them really pop and protect the decal.

Hope that helps ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts