Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us non-touchscreen folks… I’ve been searching on upgrades that lead me to things like this:

Touchscreen

I have used a very similar product like this on my FJ cruiser with great results. It’s responsive, touchscreen is what you’d expect, with all the features I wanted to have a “modern experience”. The best part was that it made the stock speakers sound incredible.

curious if anyones tried?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that looks great, you are also getting Android Auto Apple Car Play with it. I would like to know if its legit, easy to install and will it void any warranty ?
There's plenty more benefits, wide band EQ, can run a front camera, wireless CarPlay (which you've mentioned), you can screen cast (so if you have say an OBD bluetooth reader or JB4), you can cast video apps like YouTube.

That said, while my previous experiences with a similar product was legit, I have no idea about this specific product. And I have no idea what existing car integrations continue to work (or not work) such as car settings (park sensors) etc...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Actually the rear camera goes full screen unlike our factory unit. Search You-Tube there are people in Italy that have it installed and show the features. I would have it myself by now if I hadn't had to pay for my body work out of pocket.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T
Actually the rear camera goes full screen unlike our factory unit. Search You-Tube there are people in Italy that have it installed and show the features. I would have it myself by now if I hadn't had to pay for my body work out of pocket.
thats Great news, so some folks In Italy HAVE tried this aftermarket head unit. Do you know if all the factory features still work?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I will also share I have gotten one of these units for the last 3/4 cars I have owned. Each one had some kind of glitch in some way. Like not saving a setting or doing something weird in some way. It could have been installation issues because the directions are always next to none. That is the negative I can share. However the constant positives were that they always had better features, visuals, and sounded better with factory speakers. I have been overwhelmingly please with each one. I can't speak to this one just my past experiences.
Speedometer Vehicle Car Hood Tachometer

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for sharing. Yes I should be mention that my only gripe with the last product i had (for an FJ cruiser) sometimes if I shifted into drive too quickly, it would get stuck on the reverse camera. Simply going into reverse and back into drive would fix it. So I too don’t think it will be a flawless system, but I share the opinion that the benefits outweigh the negative.

and to answer @jvincetti1991 haha, I might. I pre-ordered a smart box (a device that lets wireless CarPlay happen as well as casting to the factory screen). Between giving the hand dial some more time to get used to, and the smart box I still have yet to receive… I need to wait and see if it’ll satisfy my needs.

that said, I also just completed a sub and amp install and still feel that my audio (specifically front stage) is lacking and so that might weigh into my decision to try it if I can be certain there will be an improvement in that regard. My hesitation is that I believe these android units still send the signal to the factory HK amp. If I can get a clear answer that I can bypass the HK amp then I’ll likely try it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts