Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts
Nice!

I heard it is very expensive to maintain a Ferrari. How much do you spend on average per year just to maintain and service this thing?
It has ‘free’ maintenance for the first several yrs.I only keep them several yrs anyway. The price is so high, that’s the least they can do!

Interesting!

Why do people want to pay MSRP or higher for used ones?
It's the only way to "cut the line"...... If you haven't had one previously, you will place an order and will be put on a "list".....no one ever sees the "list" (envision Santa Clause and / or the Easter Bunny here)....but you are on a "list" and need to put down some serious coin to get on that "list" ...which no one has ever seen...and so, if you're lucky, you get a call and can claim your car....? YIKES....good luck with that......It probably won't be the color you want, but it will be offered to you and you will have waited so long, you will probably just succumb and take it....D

Discussion starter · #33 ·
What is the trick to get one before the situation of limited supply and increased demand develops?

Just place your order early?

Limited supply.........increased demand
Too few cars, for too many that want one
Depreciation starts whenever the replacement model comes out, then the process starts again

It's the only way to "cut the line"...... If you haven't had one previously, you will place an order and will be put on a "list".....no one ever sees the "list" (envision Santa Clause and / or the Easter Bunny here)....but you are on a "list" and need to put down some serious coin to get on that "list" ...which no one has ever seen...and so, if you're lucky, you get a call and can claim your car....? YIKES....good luck with that......It probably won't be the color you want, but it will be offered to you and you will have waited so long, you will probably just succumb and take it....D
Not true. When your slot opens, you order the car exactly the way you want it. And pay MSRP.
Once you build your relationship with the dealer,it takes a year or less to order and finally take delivery.

What is the trick to get one before the situation of limited supply and increased demand develops?

Just place your order early?
It all depends on how many cars you have previously ordered or how good a customer you are.
The recent Ford GT was a similar case to avoid people flipping the cars for a profit

Not true. When your slot opens, you order the car exactly the way you want it. And pay MSRP.
Once you build your relationship with the dealer,it takes a year or less to order and finally take delivery.
Well....it is true in NY....the "once you build your relationship" is often accomplished by accepting a car that is being offered, after you've placed your custom order and waited 18 months, and now suddenly a car has appeared....someone else's "custom order" that for some reason they don't want anymore (number of reasons here...divorce, financial hardship, etc)....if you step up and accept it, whalah..you've built your relationship....

Well....it is true in NY....the "once you build your relationship" is often accomplished by accepting a car that is being offered, after you've placed your custom order and waited 18 months, and now suddenly a car has appeared....someone else's "custom order" that for some reason they don't want anymore (number of reasons here...divorce, financial hardship, etc)....if you step up and accept it, whalah..you've built your relationship....
It can certainly be different from dealer to dealer I guess.

Is this allowed to count? I know it's just some old used Honda. I am young and not quite in the financial position for a Ferrari. As much as I like to travel I may not ever be in such a position.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.