Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Pretty new to this Stelvio life but over a month in and I love it.

Now when I bought my 2018 (68) registration Stelvio it said that it came with Apple car play but after trying out three cables (I heard that was a common issue people had) I don't think the car has it installed. Does anyone have any tips to find out if the car is set up for Apple car play and a cost-effective way of having it installed if the car is set up for it.

Thanks everyone and kind regards,
Ollie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Pretty new to this Stelvio life but over a month in and I love it.

Now when I bought my 2018 (68) registration Stelvio it said that it came with Apple car play but after trying out three cables (I heard that was a common issue people had) I don't think the car has it installed. Does anyone have any tips to find out if the car is set up for Apple car play and a cost-effective way of having it installed if the car is set up for it.

Thanks everyone and kind regards,
Ollie
Please correct me if I'm wrong
2018 stelvios were - no car play / car play wired / car play ready
If your car was manufactured before Dec 2017, it doesn't support carplay
If after Dec, yours is either car play wired or car play ready, your sticker should have that info.
If carplay wired, your dealer needs to update the software(?) to get carplay and android auto, they come together

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Dec 2017 required a trip to the dealer to "enable" car play. This was done by the previous owner, who lamented about the dealer visit just to get car play working. It was a no-cost service for him. Works great now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts