Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, just stopped by at an Alfa dealer to test drive the Stelvio. They said Carplay would be available in the Fall production vehicles which should be inside the next two months.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most likely not yet. 'My' Stelvio is estimated for delivery in November and will most likely not have CarPlay .

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well that's unfortunate as I had assumed a systems update was all that we needed. Since Alfa Romeo was planning to implement it later on, I thought they would have at least added in the hardware needed in the older models.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered TI Sport (black metallic - chocolate/black interior) 3 weeks ago with a late Nov. delivery date. Dealership still has not been able to confirm apple car play.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ordered TI Sport (black metallic - chocolate/black interior) 3 weeks ago with a late Nov. delivery date. Dealership still has not been able to confirm apple car play.
If you don't mind, could you please post a pic of that color combo? We're thinking of getting black metallic or vesuvio gray with black or chocolate/black interior. Probably will make our decision by Feb '18.

·
Registered
205 Posts
As great as that photo is, it nor any other picture do these interior justice. Just opening the door to step in you just sense how much different and upscale it is from everything else on the market. AR did well here, same with the Giulia.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered a Stelvio a few months ago (interestingly enough, black with the black/chocolate interior -- glad it looks as nice in the picture as it did in my imagination). Pretty sure my car just cleared customs but I'm still waiting for dealer to give ETA. Anyhow, before I ordered my car, I asked the dealer if I ordered new one instead of buying off lot, would it have Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay. Took him a day or 2 but eventually said he confirmed it would as long as the radio was the 8.8" (I ordered a Ti so that was no problem). A couple weeks ago I looked up build sheet and everything I wanted was there except Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. I first checked with Alfa through chat session and they said "no luck." It wasn't in my car and no way to get it. I checked back with dealer and he said they had confirmed that the hardware would be there and a software update would come later for cars ordered when I ordered it. I went back to Alfa chat this morning and they said since my last inquiry they had spoken to a supervisor who confirmed what the dealer told me was correct -- there will be a software update when it's released. Might not be for the early models but they said mine would be good!

·
Registered
377 Posts
black w/chocolate interior

IMO, that website photo of the interior is misleading....looks different in person. I saw it in a Vesuvio grey metallic and the Trofeo triple white, too.
You should look at it in person before ordering the car blind,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a Stelvio a few months ago (interestingly enough, black with the black/chocolate interior -- glad it looks as nice in the picture as it did in my imagination). Pretty sure my car just cleared customs but I'm still waiting for dealer to give ETA. Anyhow, before I ordered my car, I asked the dealer if I ordered new one instead of buying off lot, would it have Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay. Took him a day or 2 but eventually said he confirmed it would as long as the radio was the 8.8" (I ordered a Ti so that was no problem). A couple weeks ago I looked up build sheet and everything I wanted was there except Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. I first checked with Alfa through chat session and they said "no luck." It wasn't in my car and no way to get it. I checked back with dealer and he said they had confirmed that the hardware would be there and a software update would come later for cars ordered when I ordered it. I went back to Alfa chat this morning and they said since my last inquiry they had spoken to a supervisor who confirmed what the dealer told me was correct -- there will be a software update when it's released. Might not be for the early models but they said mine would be good!
thanks for the info!

I did online chat as well today trying to confirm, the rep told me all Stelvio have proper hardware and will be software upgradable, a LOT of online reports said early models are NOT software upgradable, which turned out to be a plain lie, pissing me off cuz i waited months trying to get a confirmation from everywhere...

i'm in Canada but I think it should be the same, i hope.

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
Now I'll ask to Maserati Engeneering that follow the Giorgio Platform if the MM hardware is pin to pin compatible and if the old multimedia set from marelli can be changed in older models like mine with the new one ready for upgrade.
I'll keep you informed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Marzio, how would one know if the system is old or the newer one that will support android auto?

Maybe it's visible somehow in some menu?

1 - 20 of 651 Posts