Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
681 - 693 of 693 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I have had the unit hooked up now for a little over a month. The only real problems I have are that if I'm using the stock SiriusXM and I'm in Carplay mode I can't listen to text messages. I have to go back into the media input and switch to Aux and go back to carplay and listen to the text. Also with phone calls my phone answers in Carplay mode put nothing comes out of the speakers, I need to switch to Alfa on my phone to talk. Does anyone knows how to fix these issues? Thanks
Yeah it’s not perfect but still lightyears better than only having the Alfa UI. Have the same complaint with phone calls. For SiriusXM you could try run it off the app on your phone and keep it on carplay audio for text messages.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have been using the XM App. Have you tried hooking up the extra Bluetooth adapter that came with the unit. I'm wondering if we do that if it will see that option on the phone and work with 📞 in Carplay mode

·
Registered
113 Posts
Guys I bought one of these units and the directions “tutorial” are a complete joke. I’m not understanding why the screws that secure the car radio need unscrewing. Does the radio have to moved to access the plug in ports? This new module I got - where does it go? Under the dash somewhere? Lots of dots aren’t connected on this deal. Should I just pay someone to do it ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
that’s a far cry from a tutorial.
Agree but as I had to do it 3 times to get the bug fixed, third time was easy. Hoping third time is a charm.
newest one they sent me is a

Limcet P306 V3.9.6.1019,
hardware 02-00060-6
System: Limcet_2021-8-30
Bluetooth: BT825,v5.5.0
MCU: DCn32-v1.0-1816

Let me know if this version of software and hardware is stable.
btw, I have been reading your posts for a while and finally decided to join.
Great group!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Agree but as I had to do it 3 times to get the bug fixed, third time was easy. Hoping third time is a charm.
newest one they sent me is a

Limcet P306 V3.9.6.1019,
hardware 02-00060-6
System: Limcet_2021-8-30
Bluetooth: BT825,v5.5.0
MCU: DCn32-v1.0-1816

Let me know if this version of software and hardware is stable.
btw, I have been reading your posts for a while and finally decided to join.
Great group!
Update. So far this is working great. I have wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay. It does lock up time to time but I found that it was due to using voice command. For some reason, the voice command from the unit is interferring with Alfa's voice command. Since the unit uses Alfa's radio for calls, I believe it's causing the issue. When it jams up, press the telephone button on the steering wheel and then restart the android auto or carplay using the main menu of the device, not the car radio.

Pain in the butt when it locks up but now i have a way to reset while driving without turning the car off for 10-20 mins.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Even when the phone is connected my sound is execrable... If I pause the music I can hear the rev engine...
your telephone should connect to alfa radio, not to the limcet. So when you look at your phone, it should connect to alfa and limcet. On your alfa radio bluetooth setting, the phone should be on and the music should be checked off. If the music is checked on, you may not get any sound or terrible sound quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
your telephone should connect to alfa radio, not to the limcet. So when you look at your phone, it should connect to alfa and limcet. On your alfa radio bluetooth setting, the phone should be on and the music should be checked off. If the music is checked on, you may not get any sound or terrible sound quality.
Thanks a lot! The thing is that the rev engine is there... To be honest (after a long night) I think is from the wires or the software of the box... I need to check the wiring :( . Is there a chance to find here the firmware of the limcet box?
Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks a lot! The thing is that the rev engine is there... To be honest (after a long night) I think is from the wires or the software of the box... I need to check the wiring :( . Is there a chance to find here the firmware of the limcet box?
Thanks
PM me and i'll send you something they sent me. most recent firmware but it's all in chinese. I was afraid to install it so it can be your. There are several versions of limcet but this one is from carplayer.com. (or their chinses partners?) once again, there are some korean players with similar limcet but this is not for touch screen. It has wireless carplay and android auto.

681 - 693 of 693 Posts