Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you get an email from you dealer asking for "completely satisfied" on everything on the AR post-purchase dealer survey from HQ? Did you give them 10/10 or you tell it like it is?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have not received a request for a survey from the dealer or headquarters. If I do get either one I’m gonna be honest about it, I’m not gonna be rude, but honest. I do not think I’ll get one from the dealership, because after some of the things they told me like retrofitting Apple CarPlay turned out not to be true, we had that discussion and they would not even acknowledge they were not forth coming about that, they blamed Alfa.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think dealerships receive incentives if they have high scores, but asking for a 10/10 just seems wrong IMO. Just answer truthfully, if you really felt like their service was above and beyond then go for that 10/10, but you're not obligated to give them perfect.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I gave the dealership very good scores but not a 10. Their inventory was scattered everywhere, behind the dealership and way up across the street in a storage lot which meant some Nissan cars had to be removed. (lost keys, too) I realize space is a problem with many car dealerships. Back 30 years ago I ran several Toyota stores back on the East coast. It takes discipline and constant monitoring to get it it right. Most of all, a commitment in your head to keep things organized.

As for the car itself, I made it clear on the FCA/Alfa survey I was not thrilled with the mushy feeling turn signal stalk, awkward and annoying Infotainment system designed by a team of engineers on LSD, and the bizarre pattern of the transmission shifter. (I've gotten used to that now for the most part, but I'll never valet the car.)

My sales person was knowledgeable, though. Whoopee! but there was no follow up the minute I left the lot. Can't blame the poor fellow, lol. I had already stood him up on a Giulia special order. He was glad I was "over the curb" you might say.

Reactions: Marco and JnDRader

·
Registered
241 Posts
@ stelviofan. Nice find. These surveys are really subject to false responses (giving a higher score than your gut tells you to). Our salesperson told us "please give me a 10 for all survey questions, or they will dock my pay". Under these circumstances, who wouldn't give the salesperson all 10's?

·
Registered
763 Posts
@ stelviofan. Nice find. These surveys are really subject to false responses (giving a higher score than your gut tells you to). Our salesperson told us "please give me a 10 for all survey questions, or they will dock my pay". Under these circumstances, who wouldn't give the salesperson all 10's?
For me, it is easy to give a sales rep a 10 when they do their job. I’m not talking about dinging them for a couple little things or I missed when they told me about it. Not giving somebody a ten is easy when they just do a couple things for you, sync up your phone and say hey when you get a survey give me a 10, if you got a question give me a call.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I gave an honest review with a mix of things between 5 and 10 across the board (probably an 8-9 average though I didn't calculate it). I didn't think anything of the fact I rated certain things that failed to meet a 10 as a 10 at the time.

Coupled with a paperwork mistake the junior sales guy made that cost the dealer $500, he either quit or transferred to a lower level dealership because he was gone a few weeks after I took delivery, and the sales manager mentioned to me that part of the reason was they got hammered and failed the survey because I gave less than 10's (I know he was offered a position at another lot but it wasn't clear if he took it or quit). I didn't really dignify it with a response beyond that as a customer if you ask my opinion and expect me to take the time to give an answer, I'm at least going to be honest.

The dealership was not bad, but it was clear they were brand new to selling Alfa and I walked in knowing nearly as much about the car as they did before I took a test drive. I certainly wouldn't be afraid to suggest someone go buy from them, and I would buy from them again, but that doesn't mean they can't improve on things! My honest review of things they can improve should be taken exactly as that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts