Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Alfa Romeo Stelvio will be coming with multiple powerplants that are essentially found in the Giulia so there aren't really many surprises.

The Stelvio and Stelvio Ti will be coming with a 2.0L 4pot turbo that provides 280hp and 306lb-ft of torque
The Stevlio QV or Quadrifoglio will be the 2.9L turbo V6 that pumps out 505hp and 443lb-ft of torque

The QV will make a 0-62mph run in approximately 3.9 seconds
The base and Ti will make that run in approximately 5.4 seconds which is still truly impressive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Platform will be the same, so when it comes to driving dynamics there will be a lot we notice. Best thing to do is test drive a Giulia, from that a lot you'll have a foundation built up on what to expect.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently in the EMEA region they're getting two new engine options.

2.2L 4-cylinder diesel producing 177hp and 332lb-ft of torque 0-62mph in 7.6 seconds
2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder producing 197hp and 243lb-ft of torque 0-62mph in 7.2 seconds

·
Super Moderator
770 Posts
all the informations are under embargo and the internal departments are under NDA (no disclosure agreament), it's very hard have reals news and not only rumors or movies

·
Registered
10 Posts
350hp Stelvio

I heard rumors of a 350hp veloce version coming soon. Anyone else hear this?
I was at the dealer in SF CA today: QV Stelvio coming in January, the rumored 350 hp veloce is just a chip tweek. We can get this upgrade for $1000 chip to get 80 more hp. No V6 except for the QV.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice to hear. Did dealer say when the Veloce chip upgrade will be available? Since I will likely lease, can it be a bundled option that'll show up in the MSRP?

PS: I read over at www.squadra-tuning.nl that the Giulia actually outputs about 310HP stock, even though its rated at 280HP [Stelvio too?]:

One of the first steps we take when developing software is to measure the standard power. Where on paper 280 hp and 400 Nm is promised, it seems to be 310 hp and 460 Nm in practice. Of course, this relates to measurements of several Giulia's. Our asset bank is known as the most honest and reliable in the Netherlands. When measuring the 510 hp strong Q version, 513 hp was carefully measured.

I'll be most interested in the torque figures.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was at the dealer in SF CA today: QV Stelvio coming in January, the rumored 350 hp veloce is just a chip tweek. We can get this upgrade for $1000 chip to get 80 more hp. No V6 except for the QV.
There are several piggyback chip manufacturers such as Racechip, they already have a chip for the Giulia that adds about 80 hp I think, probably they will have another for the Stelvio, and it is about 499 euros, probably somebody will sell it for less in the US, the other option is to get a tune by COBB or similar company, although I think all these options would void the warranty.....!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts