Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio/Black/Ti Sport
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 2017, I came home with my Ti Sport, thrilled to be back in an ALFA (2 Spiders and a GTV6, prior garages). My needs never met with a 4C or 8C, and the Quad Giulia was just a bit too small, but the Stelvio Ti Sport, was just right. Impressed from the first day driving it, and still impressed to this day, I recently hit 60,000 miles and had a couple of things happen recently (ETC control error code) and the center infotainment knob was not working, and I bought the extended service plan (Zurich Ins.) Greensboro offered, so I took it down the Daytona Maserati ALFA and left it with them for a few days.

As sad as I was when after driving through 4 hours of a tropical storm and whatever failed with the ETC sensors, I'm glad that I took the time out of the driver seat.

A number of things showed up, including coolant O rings on the turbocharger, a small leak in the radiator, and a couple of other small things. With the extended service plan (up to 100k miles), I just recaptured all but $500 of the plan cost. with 40k left on the service contract, I'm thinking I'll break even.

Daytona ALFA service team, as well as the Zurich Ins. claims team, were great to work with. I do have two problems (see my other new post at Blinking Odometer Reading/Infotainment Knob only works when stationary) to solve, but as I mentioned, I've had ALFA's before, and know that being an Alfista is not about electronics...

Make sure you keep up with your scheduled check-ups - I'm thinking I was not far from having a roadside event.

Still loving every minute driving the Stelvio - MY GT CAR.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome to hear, thx for sharing. I have fewer miles on my 2019, but after having the turbo gasket replaced (hvac had intermittent coolant smell from new), and the hvac blower fan replaced (squeaked at low speed from new) at the first oil change under warranty, all has been good. I don’t drive it in the summer, but always look forward to getting behind the wheel. Came out of a Grand Cherokee SRT, and I love my 2.0 better, for far less…

·
Registered
230 Posts
Gentlemen, I have to agree with you. Have a grey MY 2018 Ti built Oct17 with over 51K miles and have been very happy with the vehicle. Only issue I've had was the occasional radio rebooting issue so the dealer replaced it awhile back with an upgrade - no charge. Vehicle's been very reliable until my original Varta battery died this month but that's almost 4 yrs old so that's to be expected. Not bad for Las Vegas where batteries don't last although I understand AGMs last longer than standard batteries. Still love driving the car - too much fun. FYI on the battery. I have AAA Plus and when my battery died I called AAA and they came out and replaced the battery (94 AGM battery is what they used) so I didn't have to have it towed. Talk about convenient. Vehicle has been running fine since. Would love to see Alfa come out with a full electric vehicle since the trend is inevitable. Take care!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I only have about 5k miles on the 2019 and worry that driving it more infrequently can cause more issues than driving it frequently but so far so good. This ones on the original battery too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts