Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

“If a really quick, really entertaining SUV is what you’re looking for. This is the one.” That’s the conclusion Dan Prosser from Autocar came to after test driving one outside of Dubai on what looks like an alpine road.

Alfa Romeo can certainly boast about the Stelvio Quadrifoglio and its twin-turbo 2.9-liter V6 engine borrowed from the Giulia QV. Numbers alone, the SUV looks great with 505 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque on tap. Combined with an 8 speed automatic transmission, it should be able to sprint from 0-60mph in just 3.9 seconds and hit a top speed of 177mph.

But numbers alone aren’t enough to win Prosser over, it was how well the Stelvio performed on the road. With a unique four-wheel drive system, there’s loads of traction around each corner. How it works is the system can send 50% of the drive forwards if the rear end starts to slip, which means the car will straighten itself out when the rear end starts to come out slightly. Sure you won’t be sliding around in the Stelvio like you would a Giulia QV, but that just means you can lay down the throttle once you’re past the apex.

Throughout the review, Prosser heaps on even more praise on the Stelvio QV and it’s worth a watch.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My wife is getting the regular Stelvio, I may just aim for the QV in 3 or 4 years when it's my turn to get the new car. It really is impressive.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Stopped by my dealer yesterday to register my interest for their first Stelvio Quadrifoglio. Love my Giulia Quadrifoglio, but would benefit from the extra utility and AWD traction of an SUV. Going the SUV route free me up to pursue a convertible Porsche or Jaguar for my Summer nice weather vehicle. Have Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat on my Giulia, but tempted to go with the White Trofeo Tri-Coat for the Stelvio. Initial pics look really good in that color.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts