Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so screwed.

I'm 5 months into my lease, with 15K miles per year. And with my daughter about to deliver my first grandchild, many trips from upstate NY to south Jersey are ahead of me. At this point I figure that I'll be around 24K miles per year, roughly.

I've already put in a call to Ally to see about converting my lease to a buy.

BUT - every one of these 10,000 miles has been a joy, and I do not miss my X3!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I was able to swap, no problem.

Hope you have the same experience.

I bank with Ally also (they pay interest on checking accts!) Don't know if that was a factor..probably wasn't.

Otherwise congrats!!!!!

If you can't swap...trade that sucker in before the lease runs out. You'll probably be upside down but the trade vs payoff loss will probably be less than the end-of-lease fees...I did that with my 2000 Passat which was a 5 year/15k lease...put 110k miles on it in the first 3 years....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Or just plan to buy it at the end. Don’t let miles ruin your joy of driving the car or having a new family member. In fact, it gets you more time in the sexy car!
😎

·
Registered
322 Posts
83 F , wow that is warm.

Almost time to get the winter snow tires out here in the mountains!!!!

I am sure if you keep the service all up and keep it in good shape and such they will take it back at the end and roll something over into a new lease or purchase.

I have a friend who is always way way over the lease miles and as long as he buys from the same dealer they never penalize him much. I had a Dodge truck on a lease and went over and gladly paid the penalty to not get another one. Total garbage trucks

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you can get Ally to convert that would be great. Also double check what the mileage penalty will be monthly to see if that isn't too bad vs the conversion. I had this issue on a lease where my mileage jumped up to 24k per year and I only was allowed 12K on my main car. My lease terms where to good to work out a conversion. I tried to manage the miles by driving my project car to work with some success. ( I got a few comments from the garage guys at work about my 13 year old Merkur dripping coolant on "their" floors. ) Ultimately I did run over by about 18k, so I just traded it in for a new vehicle and had them pay out the lease. That is the main draw back on leasing is the mileage anxiety.

Basically there are options. Good luck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just get another vehicle! Having two means I never go over miles, now of course the cost is more but I love the choice of what to drive on what day.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts