Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wonder if anyone else has experienced this annoying knocking from the seat. It started when I accelerated (like pulling out of a junction) or came to a sharp stop there's an knock that I have traced back to the seat. It's easily recreated when out of the car by just palming down on the pad of the seat (knock one) then by palming without too much pressure on the back of the seat (knock 2). It's obviously something internal in the seat but don't want to have to take it out and investigate it as there's a bunch of electronics under there.. I have tried to adjust the seat but it's still doing it although I normally have the seat adjusted to maximum height..

Would this still be covered by warranty?

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, managed to sort this out after a couple of days of frustration.. it was starting to send me mad and I got a bit obsessive about sorting it.. Basically if you applied weight (like sitting on the seat) the force pushes the centre cross member support of the seat (blue arrow) and the noise like a knock was coming from the white bush type thing at the end of the yellow arrow.. you can feel a significant jolt if put your finger on that area. Now no amount of anti-friction spray seemed to stop it so I put a screwdriver into the castelated bit and gave it a slight tap and it seems to have cured it..

Not sure what you'd call this white piece but I can believe how loud it was and annoying.. hopefully I'm an exception and just got unlucky but this might help someone out in the future..

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts