Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it H7 or H8? most of the aftermarket ones are saying H7 or 94r whereas some of the postings here says H8. Anyone know which is the right size? AGM H7 with 850CCA is what i ordered but now I see that some postings are saying H8. I have a 2018 2.0 if that matters...

thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a difference of 80AH vs 95AH for H8. H8 for this battery is slightly higher priced but it throws out 900CCA. Should I just get the H8 if that AH doesn't matter? I know little about amp hours but I did experience some performance issue with trolling motors on 35AH vs 50AH. does that apply to car batteries?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did a quick reading on AH... it basically tells you how long the battery will last under average draw. In every sense it makes sense to buy the higher AH since it will last longer.difference of 15AH rating could mean extra 1- 15 hours (pending on the draw) so I think I'll return the H7 and get the H8. Please let me know if this information is not correct.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've put H7/H8 AGM batteries on EU, US import models without any issues nor complains from customers. just as you wrote yourself H7 is cheaper than H8 when choosing AGM type.
back here in Lithuania we have pretty cold winters, for instance this winter we had couple weeks with as low as -15C however none of customers complained.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay.. so here it is. I picked up a H8 agm diehard from advance auto parts for about 250. Took me about 10 mins to take the old one off the car only because I coudln't find the damn clip that held the battery down. I don't know why but Alfa decided to hide the clip under the positive cables so you have to lift and push the cables away while negative side was absolutely clear.

H8 fits like a glove and started the car beautifully. Shipping the H7 back and returning the core to the store for $22 tomorrow pending it starts tomorrow morning.😁

one thing though.... do we have a reserve battery somewhere? the battery was totally detached for 10 mins or so but all the settings kept, even the radio stations.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Alfie no other battery in car. all the stations or other settings always remain. only thing which will clear is trip mileage and time/date if you have no navi or time update through GPS is switched off.
two things I didn't check. LOL. thanks Shpuncik.

Just monitoring the voltage this AM, I saw the voltage staying at 13.7 with the engine on and 11.9 with the engine off. I didn't check the new battery to see if it was fully charged but i found that slightly strange. The old battery i removed was 14.2 volt when idling but dropped when i moved to about 12. This new battery stayed at 13.7 throughout the drive. Maybe it's charging or maybe the fluctuation is the sign of battery going bad? Just an FYI.and will let you know if the voltage starts to fluctuate again.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Not a bad reason.

Check the new battery again in few days, if it's just that it sat in the shelf for a while before selling and got a little low it should be good pretty quick. The change from the original battery in terms of voltage was probably because the new one was being charged.

You don't seem to have an issue with how the smart charging system "works".

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Following up with the H7 battery purchase from Amazon. Amazon will not take returns on ACDelco battery but they gave me a credit for it. Let me know if any of you want a brand new H7 battery very cheap! 😀

You know what? I'm going to start the bidding here for next 7 days. Starting price is shipping cost!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothing?.... whoever wants brand new ACDelco H7 agm battery let me know. 6 more days on here and if no taker, then donating it to Salvation Army. Starting bid is just the shipping cost from NJ to your location. I believe the cost of USPS or Fedex is around 20-25 coast to coast. You can pm me as well

1 - 20 of 36 Posts