Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drove the car on Wednesday night, and it ran fine. Next morning, it wouldn't start and I got the thing recycling through every possible error. No warning of battery problems from the very elaborate warning systems. Tried recharging. nothing. Tried jump starting from the underhood terminals. nothing. Can't open the hatch. electric only. Can't shift out of park, apparently there's no provision for that. I have two questions; in such an exceptional, expensive vehicle why did they install such a poor battery? Why doesn't the electrical system warn me when the battery is going bad?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My battery just went stone cold dead yesterday. Called AR customer service and first tried to jump start. It took a couple of times. First tried to jump from under the hood, and it would not start. Then had to crawl into the cargo area to find the manual tailgate release, which is not marked nor noted in the owners manual, to access the battery. It still took a couple of times. Finally started, but the battery was dead and just about every warning light and/or message was on. I find this very unusual since my car is only 2.5 years old. It was flatbed to the dealer and I'm awaiting the results of their diagnosis. Very frustrating!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts