Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The beeps that accompany the turning off and on of the alarm. I don't like them and would prefer not to hear them. Beeps seem a little outdated to me, but there appears no way to turn them off. Obviously, I could just leave the car unlocked....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Personally, I enjoy the audible confirmation of lock / unlock....but that's just me....to each his own....the sound is definitely LOUD !!!!

Reactions: ViscontiVerde 164L*

·
Registered
381 Posts
beep beep

I looked but couldn't see anything. I'll look again.
It's definitely in the Infotainment - CAR settings section.

I have my car programmed so the first time I hit the lock button there is no beep. It's much better for me that way since I like being discreet when I'm dropping my mistress at her condo. :>)

You'll still get confirmation that the car is locked when the side mirrors turn inwards.

However, If I click it again or twice, I'll hear the beep.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked but couldn't see anything. I'll look again.
It's definitely in the Infotainment - CAR settings section.

I have my car programmed so the first time I hit the lock button there is no beep. It's much better for me that way since I like being discreet when I'm dropping my mistress at her condo. :>)

You'll still get confirmation that the car is locked when the side mirrors turn inwards.

However, If I click it again or twice, I'll hear the beep.
I've had a good look, and also in the handbook. There's no mention of it. Maybe its something that can't be done on UK versions.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Another annoying beep:

The car beeps if I've started the engine and haven't yet put seatbelts on, even if I haven't engaged drive/reverse.
Couldn't find a way to stop this.
Is it possible to set it to beep only if I engage drive, or even better - not to beep at all? We always put our seatbelts on and don't need this idiot-proof warning.

·
Premium Member
Sport Nero Edition Alfa Rosso (of course!)
1,510 Posts
Federal mandate here in the states. Remember the early days when you could just unplug a buzzer module? Not so easy with integrated electronics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.