Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The beeps that accompany the turning off and on of the alarm. I don't like them and would prefer not to hear them. Beeps seem a little outdated to me, but there appears no way to turn them off. Obviously, I could just leave the car unlocked....

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
They can be turned off in the menu settings.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Personally, I enjoy the audible confirmation of lock / unlock....but that's just me....to each his own....the sound is definitely LOUD !!!!

Reactions: ViscontiVerde 164L*

·
Registered
381 Posts
beep beep

I looked but couldn't see anything. I'll look again.
It's definitely in the Infotainment - CAR settings section.

I have my car programmed so the first time I hit the lock button there is no beep. It's much better for me that way since I like being discreet when I'm dropping my mistress at her condo. :>)

You'll still get confirmation that the car is locked when the side mirrors turn inwards.

However, If I click it again or twice, I'll hear the beep.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked but couldn't see anything. I'll look again.
It's definitely in the Infotainment - CAR settings section.

I have my car programmed so the first time I hit the lock button there is no beep. It's much better for me that way since I like being discreet when I'm dropping my mistress at her condo. :>)

You'll still get confirmation that the car is locked when the side mirrors turn inwards.

However, If I click it again or twice, I'll hear the beep.
I've had a good look, and also in the handbook. There's no mention of it. Maybe its something that can't be done on UK versions.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've had a good look, and also in the handbook. There's no mention of it. Maybe its something that can't be done on UK versions.

Last option would be to call service dept in UK and ask .... i would call a few .... also u can look to see if there is a specific fuse assigned to it but i dont recommend it

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Another annoying beep:

The car beeps if I've started the engine and haven't yet put seatbelts on, even if I haven't engaged drive/reverse.
Couldn't find a way to stop this.
Is it possible to set it to beep only if I engage drive, or even better - not to beep at all? We always put our seatbelts on and don't need this idiot-proof warning.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Federal mandate here in the states. Remember the early days when you could just unplug a buzzer module? Not so easy with integrated electronics.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I remember the early days when cars didn't ever beep at you - but that was outside the US... maybe in the US you've had these bings and bongs since the seventies :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts