Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Best Exhaust Upgrade

7K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  NYCSTELVIO 
#1 ·
Car Sky Cloud Vehicle Tire

Suggestions fora good sounding exhaust? Axle-backs are fine.
Main preference is to make it sound better without breaking the bank. Supersprint is great, but very expensive to import to Canada. How abt Ragazzon or Madness? Links would be appreciated as well!

See less See more
#9 ·
The problem with them is added weight

#4 ·
The lowest budget approach is to remove the center resonator on the stock system, a pretty quick job for any decent shop. After that if more sound is desired install a muffled sport (not race) tailpipe. I was lucky and able to get a very lightly used Supersprint for a nice price. It has straight thru center and the regular (not sport) muffler. Sounds just right for me but that is personal taste. Make sure to order a new downpipe gasket, warning they are pricey. I’d rather have a shop take it down, measure cut and weld in the new piece. Save the resonator if you might want to reverse.

#5 ·
I have a separate post here about doing just that, replacing the front resonator with a three-inch piece of pipe, all cut and installed by a local muffler shop. It cost me $100 total and it's just right for me. Only slightly more volume/deeper than stock, perhaps 10% or so.

I will note I had a weird issue with the transmission shifting for the first couple of days afterward where the seemed to be a dead spot under light throttle in first or second gear but that resolved itself after about 100 miles or so.

#7 ·
Remus did their homework with proper flow, sound levels etc

#10 ·
Exhaust mods have a zero % chance of voiding your warranty. Complete BS. Same with an intake unless they can prove it caused a lean burn scenario, which they don't if built for your vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.