Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had these features on a Mazda 6 and my Kia Stinger GT. Worked about the same as those 2, so I am used to them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had these features on a Mazda 6 and my Kia Stinger GT. Worked about the same as those 2, so I am used to them.
Nice... I've a CX-5 as a rental right now, and it works pretty well.

The basic blind spot monitoring on a 2018 Macan I drove was essentially worthless.

Since I'm not interested in the autonomy features of the 2020, the 2019 might be the way to go...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice... I've a CX-5 as a rental right now, and it works pretty well.

The basic blind spot monitoring on a 2018 Macan I drove was essentially worthless.

Since I'm not interested in the autonomy features of the 2020, the 2019 might be the way to go...

·
Registered
132 Posts
2018 Stelvio's blind spot monitoring and cross path work great. Don't have collision warning. Only thing I noticed is the blind spot warning light turns off as soon as you clear the car and not by much. Our Durango stays on for almost 2 car lengths. I am assume AR feels you will accelerate into the lane change. 😀 Also, the Stelvio's system is silent. Light is the warning. Flashing light when you turn on directional signal. Most other systems will have a audio warning when you put on the signal. This may have been updated in 2019.

·
Registered
504 Posts
2018 Stelvio's blind spot monitoring and cross path work great. Don't have collision warning. Only thing I noticed is the blind spot warning light turns off as soon as you clear the car and not by much. Our Durango stays on for almost 2 car lengths. I am assume AR feels you will accelerate into the lane change. 😀 Also, the Stelvio's system is silent. Light is the warning. Flashing light when you turn on directional signal. Most other systems will have a audio warning when you put on the signal. This may have been updated in 2019.
I'm just going to quote OhioF1 because that's exactly what I was going to type.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can turn on the rather loud beeping for the blind spot warning in the Settings -> Safety menu. I think the factory default is silent though.

Alex..

·
Registered
100 Posts
The cross-path warning has saved me a few times and I'm always surprised at how well it works. Collision warning also works pretty well but I haven't had the auto braking kick in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I 've had the Auto brake slam on and then it let off once the oncoming car got out of my lane... worked very quick both on a off. Startling. You need to be wearing seat belts, lets leave it at that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My May 2018 build with v85 has the triangle and 5 warning beeps and the emergency braking does work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts