Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have one and it's collecting dust in my garage. I keep forgetting to bring it into the dealer to replace. It's shockingly extremely hard to change the air filter on a Stelvio QV. It's way easier on a giulia QV because of clearances. There must me some trick to do it but I haven't figured it out yet.

I believe @Jay-Ten has it installed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s funny you should say that. Just decided to take it to my speed shop to have it installed. Couldn’t get past removing the cover. The claim is 7mm bolts but not so, tried 7mm, not snug enough, 8mm to large and 6mm to small.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have to install mine these days... but I am with JTD meaning diesel Stelvio :)

Will do some logs of before (original filter) vs. after (BMC) to see if there will be any differences

·
Registered
167 Posts
IMO a waste of money unless you want a semi perceptible rise in throttle noise at higher rpm.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It’s funny you should say that. Just decided to take it to my speed shop to have it installed. Couldn’t get past removing the cover. The claim is 7mm bolts but not so, tried 7mm, not snug enough, 8mm to large and 6mm to small.
I got a little further, the intake inlets connect to a redirect for the airflow, essentially the airfilter cover, I just couldn't remove that last piece. I gave up after an hr or so, didn't want to break anything lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For $78 I like it and speed shop had it installed in 10 minutes N/C. It’s actually less expensive than the OEM?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Found my project for tomorrow...sounds like the American overlords sent standard fasteners to Italy. Makes sense....we Americans do seem to hate the metric system like a personal insult.... They probably told Alfa the fasteners are 7mm but don't check...just use 'em...trust us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts