Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a BMW fanboy perspective: FIRST DRIVE: Alfa Romeo Stelvio -- The Leaning Tower of Alfa Romeo

"Italians have a gift for under-delivering but somehow doing it with such charm, beauty and grace that the world loves them for it. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a building that is literally falling over and the Italians just say “Ehh, it’s okay-ah”. And rather than stay away from the tipping building for fear of disaster, millions of tourists visit it every year and find it beautiful. Because it is. And that’s sort of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. It’s a lovable car and one I really liked driving but I can’t exactly explain why. It’s a bit sloppy, coarse and unrefined. But there’s something charming about it, something that made me keep going back for more. An intangible Alfa-ness."

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I find it to be put to together as well as my 2 X5's and the leather while not a soft nappa is actually much better than the Dakota leather. Alfa has built a "MORE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE"

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The new BMW slogan is M power. It appears they acknowledge not being the "ultimate" any more

·
Registered
215 Posts
BMW blog

I can't say I interpret the BMW blog as necessarily a compliment as opposed to a back handed insult or passive aggressive condescending comment. Sounds more like a BMW snob to me. He said "it's a bit sloppy, coarse and unrefined. But there’s something charming about it". First there's nothing "sloppy" about it. I've never had such tight steering and responsive handling. "Coarse", I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. "Unrefined", again I don't know what that's supposed to mean unless he thinks its not luxed up enough compared to the BMW, which may be the case. Anyway I think that BMW blog is open to interpretation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts