Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Yesterday I bought my Stelvio over here in the UK - a Milano Edizione in Trofeo White, 280bhp. Now imagine the fact I've got to wait until the end of August for my existing lease to expire!

I've never done mods to a car before but I'm thinking of doing a gloss black re-colour on the alloys and then maybe also a debadge (the stelvio and q4, not the actual Alfa sign) and then also turn the chrome on the grille black. Has anyone done a de-badge? Thoughts on my plans?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Welcome JD + good to know you. Beautiful car! Look forward to following your customizations. As for me I like ours as-is. Enjoy!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm a big fan of de-badging. Its definitely the cheapest and easiest. Just adds a touch of class, removing all that lettering and cleaning up the appearance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Does anyone have any pictures of a debadge? In my head I can picture it looking great, but I want to make sure it does in practise...

JD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Beautiful car! Welcome to the forum. Love the color; I planned to go with either the Trofeo White or the Vulcano Black, but in my case the Vulcano Black won out.

Ray

·
Registered
424 Posts
This was mine when the badges were all removed to be sent in to Hydro dip. The shop used fishing line to remove the badges and then a bit of heat and the glue was pretty easy to remove.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks sweet! How did they turn out after the dip? My only other thought is to go black from chrome.

This was mine when the badges were all removed to be sent in to Hydro dip. The shop used fishing line to remove the badges and then a bit of heat and the glue was pretty easy to remove.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ray. I was toying with colours too but decided on the Trofeo so I could go for white on black! There's also next to no Stelvios, and certainly not black over here in the UK.

Beautiful car! Welcome to the forum. Love the color; I planned to go with either the Trofeo White or the Vulcano Black, but in my case the Vulcano Black won out.

Ray

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Starting to feel jealous! I bought nearly new so a bit constrained, would have loved cream leather.

Not sure about you mate but I've only seen one other on the road!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I don't know where all of you are hiding and I've seen ONE, ironically right around the corner from our home going the wrong direction- white, figured it was OlderAlfaFan. As said prior it's a little like looking for Bigfoot!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had mine done in a carbon fibre print. They look real slick.

The picture here does not do it justice. The pattern is tight and emblems small so you see if from up close and its great. The hydro dip covers is perfect and is durable so it will be fine in the wash and such

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts

The picture here does not do it justice. The pattern is tight and emblems small so you see if from up close and its great. The hydro dip covers is perfect and is durable so it will be fine in the wash and such
I know it's probably ridiculous that I don't know this, but is a hydro dip and what does it do for the paint?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That looks very tidy indeed! Do you know how the letters were re-adhered to the car? I might want to put mine back on one day

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is exactly why I'm feeling a de-badge! Even if someone does see you, hopefully the de-badge makes it a rarer beast than it is and some people probably won't even recognise it as a Stelvio.

I don't know where all of you are hiding and I've seen ONE, ironically right around the corner from our home going the wrong direction- white, figured it was OlderAlfaFan. As said prior it's a little like looking for Bigfoot!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts