Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members I have a 2018 Stelvio TI Sport where can I purchase brakes and rotors and what are the best for this vehicle I have saw some of the links posted but some are out of stock going to bring it to my local mechanic to change dealership is rip off

Registered
You can call Jason at Alfissimo. He supplied me with OEM rotors and Porterfield pads (or he could have supplied me with OEM pads as well). www.alfissimo.com.

You can also go online to Rock Auto and get aftermarket rotors and pads, much cheaper and some people have used them with no problem but buy the high end versions and carbon-ceramic pads.

I had my local Indy tire shop install, they do lots of high end cars, or a good Indy shop as well there is nothing special to the job. All in about 1/2 the price of the local Alfa dealer. The dealers love doing brakes, it is fast/easy so the make a lot of money there.

Registered
Hello members I have a 2018 Stelvio TI Sport where can I purchase brakes and rotors and what are the best for this vehicle I have saw some of the links posted but some are out of stock going to bring it to my local mechanic to change dealership is rip off
Try these guys. AlpinePerformance.com Their parts aren't the cheapest but not bad either. They specialize in exotic cars but our Alfa is there. I had a good experience with them.

Registered

Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
It appears from the OEM listings the Giulia 2.0T and Stelvio 2.0T have the exact same rotors yet all of the aftermarket vendors lift them separately or only for the Giulia. Does anyone know why?

Registered
It appears from the OEM listings the Giulia 2.0T and Stelvio 2.0T have the exact same rotors yet all of the aftermarket vendors lift them separately or only for the Giulia. Does anyone know why?
it's not only stelvio and giulia rotors. There are so many parts auto makers share on difffernt cars, it will take days to list. pads and the calipers are the same as well. Why do they list them separately? It's because of us. We would like our car parts to be made for our cars, not for another models. Sales people are taking opportunity to sell the same products to the consumers for more money just by including that it was made just for your car. It gives consumers assurances that it will fit perfectly, because our cars are sepcial.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's not only stelvio and giulia rotors. There are so many parts auto makers share on difffernt cars, it will take days to list. pads and the calipers are the same as well. Why do they list them separately? It's because of us. We would like our car parts to be made for our cars, not for another models. Sales people are taking opportunity to sell the same products to the consumers for more money just by including that it was made just for your car. It gives consumers assurances that it will fit perfectly, because our cars are sepcial.
PartsGeek sells rotors and brakes different brands as well as TopEuro which has a kit but aftermarket for $295 AlphaOnlineParts.com are original Brembo for $415 not sure what to get my mechanic says get genuine so they done squeak thinking to just go with the genuine Alpha Brembo even though they are more expensive any suggestions? Sorry guys I am a female don't know about this stuff first brake job and doing my research and dealerships are expensive oil change $223 insane but my first oil change took to an outside mechanic screwed it up and blew the cap off and lost all my oil while driving then brought to dealership

Registered
PartsGeek sells rotors and brakes different brands as well as TopEuro which has a kit but aftermarket for $295 AlphaOnlineParts.com are original Brembo for $415 not sure what to get my mechanic says get genuine so they done squeak thinking to just go with the genuine Alpha Brembo even though they are more expensive any suggestions? Sorry guys I am a female don't know about this stuff first brake job and doing my research and dealerships are expensive oil change $223 insane but my first oil change took to an outside mechanic screwed it up and blew the cap off and lost all my oil while driving then brought to dealership
rotors don't squeak. it's the pads that makes the noise. I'm not sure if you're taking your car to the same mechanic who did your oil change but if he tells you that rotors squeak, then perhaps it's time for you to look for a new mechanic. A lot of the Chrysler dealers may be able to help you and other euro import car shops can help you. I have aftermarket rotors and there's nothing wrong. get the ceremic pads if squeaking is bothering you.Being a female is a lame excuse for not knowing about cars. most of us know about our cars from reading and watching you tube. Knowledge is power, don't let gender stop you from learning... (this is what i tell my daughters) Alpine sells complete kit as well. it's little more than other aftermarket but they are OEM for about 600 which is still a lot cheaper than the dealer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rotors don't squeak. it's the pads that makes the noise. I'm not sure if you're taking your car to the same mechanic who did your oil change but if he tells you that rotors squeak, then perhaps it's time for you to look for a new mechanic. A lot of the Chrysler dealers may be able to help you and other euro import car shops can help you. I have aftermarket rotors and there's nothing wrong. get the ceremic pads if squeaking is bothering you.Being a female is a lame excuse for not knowing about cars. most of us know about our cars from reading and watching you tube. Knowledge is power, don't let gender stop you from learning... (this is what i tell my daughters) Alpine sells complete kit as well. it's little more than other aftermarket but they are OEM for about 600 which is still a lot cheaper than the deal

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Different mechanic and have been doing research my mechanic who I have used for years told me to get the parts he will do the job suggested genuine Alpha parts and said some aftermarket are not good that's why I am asking for recommendations thank you for your advice!

Registered
Here you go Deb, complete set. OEM or OEM quality.
Alfa Romeo Stelvio front rear brake pads and rotors #9020
all for 495 + shipping of $40? I would trust these guys. look at their site and see what other car parts they carry.
View attachment 25070
Those are not oem nor oem quality.

That is "top euro" which are the cheapest quality china rotors and pads out there. The pads dont even have a DOT fade rating.

they are able to fool a few people by posting oem part numbers but notice nowhere do the indicate they are selling oem parys and do admit the are "top euro" brand parts.

knowledge is power. I always tell my daughters to really do the research to know what you're getting

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Circle

Registered
Those are not oem nor oem quality. That is "top euro" which are the cheapest quality china rotors and pads out there and they are able to fool a few people by posting oem part numbers but notice nowhere do the indicate they are selling oem parys and do admit the are "top euro" brand parts.

knowledge is power. I always tell my daughters to really do the research to onow what you're getting
well it say OEM everywhere and personally I can't tell them apart. Maybe you can. oops didn't see the picture. cheapest chinese brand? I didn't know.. I ended up returning theirs due to price but they looked exactly the same when I took the original front off. I didn't see made in china on the rotors either. Anyhow I don't know anything about TopEuro so you may be absolutely correct.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts