Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,488 Posts
i have aftermarket rear and front brakes. There is absolutely no difference in the feel or stopping power. I have the ceremic pads so it wouldn't streak like the OEM. I have about 500 miles on them and they still new. I only use the car for commute but if you use the ceremic brake pads on the track, it will get soft as the brakes heat up. If you;re into rough driving, keep using the OEM pads.

· Registered
5 Posts
Since my Stelvio is still under warranty (34k miles) and I'm trying to do it in the Alfa Romeo network, here are some prices from NY area for break replacements - btw they only do both break pads and rotors according to manufacturer recommendations, because the car would start shaking when you break:
Schedule Service | Englewood Cliffs Alfa Romeo
$973 front $913 back
Alfa Romeo Service Center | Alfa Romeo of White Plains
around $2300 overall
https://www.performancealfaromeo.com/schedule-service/
$2600 only front, did not bother to ask for back :)

They only do OEM, Brembo parts, hope they will last a while

· Registered
5 Posts
Have you tried Fullerton in Somerville?
Yes I have, they said $1200 for the front, $1100 for the back, both pads and rotors.
I actually double checked with Alfa Rome White Plains just because their quote was lower, turns out they actually charge $2300 for back and front - initial they said $1400, but maybe that was only parts? Anyways, now back to square one: no idea if I should get the parts online and go to some small shop to change or go to dealership? :( I think if you do change the breaks outside the Alfa network it does not invalidate the warranty, but I might be wrong. Thoughts?

· Registered
170 Posts
If you're looking for an indie shop, I wouldn't hesitate to use Euro-Tec in Livingston NJ. Not that far from Performance. I've dealt with them for over 30 years on various Alfas. I've never felt they were taking advantage of me. When my Giulia needs brakes I'm definitely going to them. Call them at 973-992-2800; please let us know the outcome.

· Registered
‘22 Stelvio QV
292 Posts
brakes vs breaks

The Stelvio rotors and pads are nothing special, and the non-QV even less so. Most shops today have a scan tool that can dismount the EPB to change the rear rotors. Even the cheapo consumer ones can do it for most makes. Btw. If not changed previously, at 34K you should you should have your fluid replaced while they are at it. I'm not sure of the shop procedure on the Conti electronic brakes I'd make sure the shop you use is familiar with it.

If you're looking for an indie shop, I wouldn't hesitate to use Euro-Tec in Livingston NJ. Not that far from Performance. I've dealt with them for over 30 years on various Alfas. I've never felt they were taking advantage of me. When my Giulia needs brakes I'm definitely going to them. Call them at 973-992-2800; please let us know the outcome.
Just curious about them as I may go there at some point. They specialized in AR's at one point, but IIRC one of the owners who was sort of the AR guru passed away and they still work on AR's but now also work on other Euro makes as well?

· Registered
170 Posts
Euro-Tec has always "specialized:"in Alfas because the original owner had been a mechanic at Alfa's NJ headquarters in the 60's. But they also have had a diverse clientele. I've seen Ferraris, Maseratis, BMWs, Porsches along with mundane Hondas, etc. Paul, the current owner (who also works in the shop) is a most capable tech. I've had occasions when I've asked him to do something and he's assured me the service wasn't needed. I've felt like I needed to force him to take my money lol.

· Registered
‘22 Stelvio QV
292 Posts
Euro-Tec has always "specialized:"in Alfas because the original owner had been a mechanic at Alfa's NJ headquarters in the 60's. But they also have had a diverse clientele. I've seen Ferraris, Maseratis, BMWs, Porsches along with mundane Hondas, etc. Paul, the current owner (who also works in the shop) is a most capable tech. I've had occasions when I've asked him to do something and he's assured me the service wasn't needed. I've felt like I needed to force him to take my money lol.
Ok thanks for the intel. I’ll give them a ring if I need any non dealer work done.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts