2018 Stelvio Sport 2.0L Volcano Black Metallic/Red Int.
I was wondering the same when debating on disconnecting the battery or not; I figured I would leave it connected due to fear that the system did not recognize the brake service mode without battery connected. The turning of the steering wheel believe only affects the steering angle sensor. All others that have done this to clear any codes "successfully", probably did not realize that it was not their method that cleared the codes, but the process of starting and restarting & then driving the car for a heat cycle or two. Just driving the car a few miles and shutting down will clear all codes after battery disconnect. I've tested this theory rigorously.Hi all,
How about the following steps to avoid Christmas lights? Your comments are welcomed 😀
- Make sure auto parking brake is set to off. If it is on, turn it off, turn on and off the engine to make sure it is registered.
- Turn on brake service mode
- Disconnect the battery
- Perform brake pad change WITHOUT removing the parking brake sensor
- Connect the battery
- Turn the ignition on (not the engine) Turn off the brake service mode. I am not sure what the system will show at this point…Would it remember that it was put on brake service mode before the battery removed??? I have no clue…Anyone knows???
- Turn the engine on and turn steering wheel all away right, hold for 2-3 seconds, turn left and hold for 2-3 seconds. This is the common procedure after battery disconnect and reconnect