Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Continental Tires

I replaced the OEM Conti tires (not runflat) with a set of Pirelli Scorpion runflats. My wife drives the car and I wanted her to have the security of being able to continue driving in the event of a leak or puncture. I have the original set with just delivery miles. I’m in West Los Angeles. Any interest from anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
You had me at "Continue". They are actually very solid performers and last winter I was surprised at their capabilities...this coming from a dedicated snow tire guy but as I had just gotten the Quad wheels and tires, and these had like 4K on them I decided to see how tire tech has improved. If I was on the East Coast I would grab them next year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
How do you like the scorpions? I am at 26K and only have about 3 K left in my contis (not good). Already shopping for new tires. Runflats, although heavier, seem like a good idea without a spare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Scorpions are good. we have 12K on them so far and they perform well and show little sign of wear yet. They are not noisy, as i had expected they might be on long road trips, and they feel very stable around town. The driving mix is about 60% city driving around LA and 40% on freeways and longer trips. I'm much happier knowing my wife can get home or to a tire shop in the event of a puncture

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Very happy with Contis @ 37K. Open to buy any take offs in zone low miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Happy with the Conti’s as well on my Ti (235/55-19). Surprisingly happy. But no way will I get to 37k miles safely. At 22k now. Maybe 30k before they get too hairy in rain.

I am not messing around this winter though, since I drive 600 miles per week NJ -MA, Nokian Hakapellita R3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts