Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked her up... Made my husband drive her home so I could fiddle with all the stuff.... About to rain don't want to get her wet or let the dog in the car yet... Fits 2 large yetis in the cup holder... awesome... brakes are serious about stopping... Pleasantly surprised by the dash electronics.. Read my all my texts to me etc.. Time will tell.. Getting used to the dial... About to read the manual and get the garage door synced...then time to drive it.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just picked her up... Made my husband drive her home so I could fiddle with all the stuff.... About to rain don't want to get her wet or let the dog in the car yet... Fits 2 large yetis in the cup holder... awesome... brakes are serious about stopping... Pleasantly surprised by the dash electronics.. Read my all my texts to me etc.. Time will tell.. Getting used to the dial... About to read the manual and get the garage door synced...then time to drive it.
Beautiful! First brown exterior in the forum so far-and the chocolate brown interior is perfect. Good luck!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks great in that colour! welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Awesome - I liked the brown exterior + interior is perfect as ours. Lots of steps to fully integrate but we are happy + wish that for you too! Keep us posted please.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice colour, haven’t seen that yet.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Congrat, you're going to love it!

However I have to point out how comically that this is an example of a brain aneurysm in the making for Jeremy Clarkson. +1 it's an Alfa, -1 it's an SUV, +1 it's an Alfa, -1 it's brown, +1 it's Alfa which is running (well), -1 it's brown on the inside too.

He's famously on record for hating any vehicle that's brown, and every vehicle made by Alfa, and no SUVs.... park this in front of his house for a few days and he'd likley go insane / jump out the window!

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
He's famously on record for hating any vehicle that's brown, and every vehicle made by Alfa, and no SUVs.... park this in front of his house for a few days and he'd likley go insane / jump out the window!
Can you post his address? We can have a promenade of Stelvios to make his day, maybe some sort of Easter Parade...:devil

I have an emotional affiliation with this color scheme: The gorgeous brown on brown was in the showroom at Faulkner/Mechanicsburg where I brought the Mrs. for her intro to Stelvio-- she was a super sport about it, having fallen for the brown interior on the XC60... The rest, as they say, is history!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great choice of color because from what i noticed its that not too many car makers offer colors like this, giving us even more of a reason to choose it. I hate getting red (for example) meanwhile that red looks very similar to what other car makers offer. Still I think Alfa can do even more in the color department.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Great choice of color because from what i noticed its that not too many car makers offer colors like this, giving us even more of a reason to choose it. I hate getting red (for example) meanwhile that red looks very similar to what other car makers offer. Still I think Alfa can do even more in the color department.
Alfa offers one of the best color selections in this category/CUV/SUV of all the makers IMO. Only one that is better is Audi allowing you to custom choose your color (for $$$$)
Almost all of the others offer a basic blue, a basic red, a silver, a black, and white. All the same colors...
The Misano Blue and Verde Green are unique to any other cars out there. Montecarlo blue is nice but similar to others out there. Although I'm not in the market for red because Ive had red before, the Alfa reds just look great on the car. Think they should consider adding a yellow option like Ferrari yellow maybe..

What other colors would anyone else like to see? The dark greys/magnetic/metallic are very popular right now...
Only other one that I can think of might be a dark red/burgundy other than that they have the basics covered it seems..

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Totally agree- we had such a good time enjoying the selection at two dealerships.

·
Registered
250 Posts
But how do you decide between so many good colors? All the other manufacturers I am struggling to pick a color..with Alfa I'm struggling to DECIDE on a color LOL. I forgot to add Alfa has the brown exterior of course..think they have all the colors pretty well covered for most people's tastes.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
My wife is a high J/complex thinker. I am usually decisive and visual. We never agree on anything. And we went back and forth flip flopped and had the best time. I love red. She loves black. So I liked the Vulcano Black (flecks are stunning in the sun) and she, overprocessing, still laments the reds but in the end a solid home run. Yellow calipers the bonus.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beautiful combination, that's what my wife originally wants, but can't find a Ti with the right options ... so we settled for Black/Black

·
Registered
80 Posts
this made me laugh - just checked when grand tour is likely to return. looks like I'll be waiting awhile.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts