Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. I've been researching Stelvio inventory at several Alfa dealers. Most of them show the window sticker and I'm trying to see if they show the exact build date on them. I see an area in the bottom left of the sticker, two fields to the right of the VIN under the "SL" header, that shows a 4-digit code (ex. 1023). Does anyone know if this stands for Month/Day ?

·
Registered
381 Posts
build date

New member here. I've been researching Stelvio inventory at several Alfa dealers. Most of them show the window sticker and I'm trying to see if they show the exact build date on them. I see an area in the bottom left of the sticker, two fields to the right of the VIN under the "SL" header, that shows a 4-digit code (ex. 1023). Does anyone know if this stands for Month/Day ?
The only way to tell the manufacturing date of the vehicle is by opening the drivers door. There is a sticker on the frame jam that shows it. My car's build date was 9/2017.

The "SL" number on my MSRP sticker shows 0906, lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for checking!
Looking at your code then it could have been built on Sep 6th if indeed that's what that 4-digit code is.

·
Registered
381 Posts
maybe?

Thanks for checking!
Looking at your code then it could have been built on Sep 6th if indeed that's what that 4-digit code is.
Gosh, I guess that is plausible but never heard of a manufacturer do that. I always knew they go by the month/year, but who knows?

Can someone in this forum check their US - MSRP sticker and check the "SL" number to see if the first 2 numbers matches the month of the manufacturing date on the driver's door frame>?

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio/Black/Ti Sport
364 Posts
Likelihood is that 1023 does not mean Oct 23, since most all of Europe calendar notations are day/month/year... ie., would be 2310 for 23rd of October. My Stelvio door shows the month and year, but not the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts