Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner here! Black on black Ti Sport. So far, best driving car I've ever had. I thought I'd miss my manual transmission BMW 335i, but no worries so far. A couple of questions: (i) how do I figure out the exact build date?; and (ii) I have run flats - I have a compressor in trunk but nothing else. There seem to be some missing items where I have empty compartments - should I have anything else in there? A safety triangle? tools? Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Welcome to the Stelvio Posse. In USA the build date is printed on the label at the door jamb, drivers side.

Spare tire arrangement is unique to the exact equipment. Maybe a runflat owner can post a pic? 20" here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The build date is on a sticker on the frame when you open the driver's door.
It's only month/year but not the day of the month. I don't think that can be looked up...

LUCKY you, I got no compressor, lol.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I can't say what should have come with it, but for anybody without a spare, in addition to a portable compressor, i would add a tire plug kit from your local autoparts store.
it could save you a chunk of cash and a lot of aggravation, regardless of what type of tires you have.

·
Registered
169 Posts
There are no tools that I’ve seen, but I can snap a pic or two no problem. If you give me your vin I could probably find out your car’s birthday.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
i can't say what should have come with it, but for anybody without a spare, in addition to a portable compressor, i would add a tire plug kit from your local autoparts store.
It could save you a chunk of cash and a lot of aggravation, regardless of what type of tires you have.

aaa

·
Registered
174 Posts
New owner here! Black on black Ti Sport. So far, best driving car I've ever had. I thought I'd miss my manual transmission BMW 335i, but no worries so far. A couple of questions: (i) how do I figure out the exact build date?; and (ii) I have run flats - I have a compressor in trunk but nothing else. There seem to be some missing items where I have empty compartments - should I have anything else in there? A safety triangle? tools? Thanks for your help.
Congrats! Welcome...like others said the built date is on the sticker of the driver’s door (in the the seam). Not sure what comes with ur car configuration but did see someone posted a photo on one of the threads a while back with ur exact question and they also had empty compartments that looked like tools were missing- so probably they don’t include those mistery tools for some reason.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. You're right, those empty compartments are meant to be empty. The Stelvio doesn't have all the same "stuff" that the Giulia had, but they used the same container...and I found my build date - thank you!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Using a compressor on a tire with a hole is not productive. Putting on a spare on a non RFT keeps you rolling for hundreds of miles if necessary

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I would only admit this to a few select friends, but my tire changing days are over except in my own garage or a desperate situation roadside. Pretty much any eventuality will need roadside assistance thus forth as I concede to late middle age and a different phase of life.

Unless duty calls, of course.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha! That's a good point. From another middle-aged man, I think my tire chasing days are also over...

I agree with the earlier post about using a compressor on a tire with a hole - seems pointless. So why include the compressor with these run flat tires?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha! That's a good point. From another middle-aged man, I think my tire changing days are also over...

I agree with the earlier post about using a compressor on a tire with a hole - seems pointless. So why include the compressor with these run flat tires?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ha! That's a good point. From another middle-aged man, I think my tire changing days are also over...

Because the kit is supposed to contain a can of tire goo. So you can emergency patch and inflate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts