Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terry sent me his Quad pedal tuner to test on my 2.0 Stelvio to verify it functioned properly on the 2.0 liter cars. Quick easy install, and calibration, (don’t forget that part...) lol, and it works as intended. I’ve never used a pedal tuner before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I’ll need to put some time on it, but so far I’m very impressed with the range of responsiveness that can be achieved with this. Very cool!
Thanks for the opportunity to review this [email protected]

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Wouild love to find who makes one of these for the Range Rover Sport. That pedal has a MASSIVE deadspot and lag time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my Stelvio 12/30/19 and first thing I did was get a burger tuning jb4....50hp to the rear wheels. Amazing, best 400 I ever spent.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Only 50??

Reactions: ParagonBuilder

·
Registered
36 Posts
So where are the Dragy times for EC Ph2 vs JB4?
40% more HP with tune/intake/exhaust with EC PH2 ?!
BMS JB4 is only 55hp (crank), so only 19.5% HP more.
Lets get to the bottom of which is the most powerful tune.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Paragon, did you get your race mode dial at Valenti recently??

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Got it! The greasy dry silt we had yesterday showed both ends of the spectrum more fully to me. On one end, the TC control level of intervention does vary quite a bit from A>N>D. In D with EC2 it allows a fair amount of rotation before very impressive correction due to the joys of rear bias. Yesterday, turning it off with the Contis would have been foolish for me anywhere but an open parking lot as it was quite slick. Definitely last season I use those stockers in winter as impressive as they are for all season rubber. It was the abrupt swing out of the rear that triggered things yesterday quite a bit as I was exploring the traction limits. Front end behaved exceedingly well. Straight line performance was still quite good. So, I too, would love to be able to shut things down to play sometimes as it is an intrusion in an otherwise VERY sporty ride if for no other reason than winter practice. Even though I had them maintain a stock level of pedal feel in D mode where you get the most lateral freedom, its still too hyper for yesterday's winter conditions due to abruptness of turbo spooling etc, so being able to shut it off in A mode where one has nice smooth throttle response would be nice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it! The greasy dry silt we had yesterday showed both ends of the spectrum more fully to me. On one end, the TC control level of intervention does vary quite a bit from A>N>D. In D with EC2 it allows a fair amount of rotation before very impressive correction due to the joys of rear bias. Yesterday, turning it off with the Contis would have been foolish for me anywhere but an open parking lot as it was quite slick. Definitely last season I use those stockers in winter as impressive as they are for all season rubber. It was the abrupt swing out of the rear that triggered things yesterday quite a bit as I was exploring the traction limits. Front end behaved exceedingly well. Straight line performance was still quite good. So, I too, would love to be able to shut things down to play sometimes as it is an intrusion in an otherwise VERY sporty ride if for no other reason than winter practice. Even though I had them maintain a stock level of pedal feel in D mode where you get the most lateral freedom, its still too hyper for yesterday's winter conditions due to abruptness of turbo spooling etc, so being able to shut it off in A mode where one has nice smooth throttle response would be nice.
Not sure about getting them off in A,
But if you decide to do the race switch, I’ve got MES and I’ll help you out if you don’t want to get one.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If it was a track car I'd say yes, but except for snow days, I have rarely been able to get into TC and that is including some very high speed exit ramps where if I did enter that zone, I'd probably be thankful for the save as its rocks to the left and rocks to the right! Totally different animal at the limits with summer PZeros than the stockers.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Just tried a throttle controller on my RRS....dumbest piece of crap ever invented. Threw it away. All it does is give you WOtT at 50% pedal depress. Wierd feeling to lift and not feel anything happen till pedal lifted 50%. And that was Level 1 setting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Pedal Commander installed on my Dodge Charger but I have not thought of installing one for my wife's Stelvio. My wife is quite particular with her driving and has been saying to me that there's a little delay on the throtlle response. I wonder if I can install one on the Stelvio like this https://dodgego.com/best-tuner-for-dodge-charger/

·
Registered
508 Posts
Unfortunately the pedal modulators dont fix the dead spot in acceleration from a standstill...such as when pulling out into a roadway from a parking lot. The only thing that works is giving it a slight brake boost before pulling out.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Q4 Sport, MonteCarlo Blue
68 Posts
As in interesting note, I have observed when data logging with the JB4 that when in 'D' and at a stop, the vehicle is not in-gear. When in manual-mode however, selecting M1 always leaves the car in 1st gear, even when stopped. Some of the hesitation could potentially be mitigated by using manual mode. At least that is one less thing the car has to sort out. Haven't tried it yet though.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice find.

Let Terry know the iat value now (which usrd to be pre intercooler iat) is just stuck at 32 degrees. Doesn't work anymore on the new beta. Needs to be pist ic iat anyways but now its nothing

·
Registered
36 Posts
As in interesting note, I have observed when data logging with the JB4 that when in 'D' and at a stop, the vehicle is not in-gear. When in manual-mode however, selecting M1 always leaves the car in 1st gear, even when stopped. Some of the hesitation could potentially be mitigated by using manual mode. At least that is one less thing the car has to sort out. Haven't tried it yet though.
Thanks, I am going to try this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts