Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, just posted same thread on giulia forum. Hello to everyone. So wife’s beemer comes off lease middle next month and she’s interested in a Stelvio. I’m thinking Stelvio quad. My dealer in Ohio (Alfa Strongsville) that I bought my giulia quad from is offering 16k off plus rebates. Sounding like pretty good numbers as I qualify for lots of rebates. Is it crazy to buy during a pandemic or should I wait and see if she catches covid and passes? Ok that’s a joke. The deals are getting really good on 19s. My salesmen is offering giulia quads at 15-16k off MSRP plus discounts. I’m fence sitting right now but will need something soon. we had a Stelvio as a loner and my wife loved it. Any other fence sitters? it’s sounding like good time to buy. Thoughts? P.S. hope everyone and their families are doing well and staying Covid free.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd wait.
I think they'll go lower (or the rebates will go higher). I bought my '18 Stelvio Ti in July 2019 and got $13.7K off. Most other dealerships were offering $10-12K off. There was a glut of '18 stelvios on the lot last year and bunches of '19s started showing up.
This year it's a little different. CV19 has slowed the '20s to a trickle...it will be a while before the factory ramps up again, but when it does the 19's will be more than a year old PLUS the economy will be in the toilet PLUS they'll be looking to jump start sales. Just my $0.02.
My plan is to hold out till I see $10K off a stelvio (non quad) and see if I can trade up to a 19 model year.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought a 18 Quad for 25k off sticker.
That joke was in poor taste given the circumstances.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Bad joke aside, the good time to buy is when there is a need and you have the $.
There are always deals, and someone is always going to get a better one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the gallows humor folks. As noted above, poor taste considering circumstances. I’ll own it. My bad. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Come on guys.....maybe he really just Wants the Stelvio Quad more than she needs it. Just don't be the typical TV murder show fool and up her life insurance immediately beforehand.
Kinda like its cheaper to keep her.

Lost pretty much nailed it. There will always be deals. You are going to see a lot of failed loans/leases etc and these will also end up on lots...esp eases becauses those folks typically lease because purchase and finance chearges are beyond their cashflow abilities.
Now don't go jumping on me about my anti lease mantra...but many of you business types lease because it make financial sense for you while others lease because its the only way they can afford it...which means they are usually in less stable financial positions. My gut is late summer is going to get very interesting as 20's languish on the lots and MAJOR incentives roll out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on guys.....maybe he really just Wants the Stelvio Quad more than she needs it.
Kinda like its cheaper to keep her.
Lol, no really I want both. Wife works in the health care field and I’m a 36yr service member so gallows humor is common for us. I’m ok with the feedback. We’re all a work in progress till we die. Back to the vehicle topic. I was surprised how much she enjoyed the Stelvio. Alfa’s media interface (I.e. scroll wheel) is similar to the bmw she currently drives and is the system we both prefer so don’t need the 2020 touch screen. I figured she would prefer a more luxury experience but she was like a kid driving it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You are going to see a lot of failed loans/leases etc and these will also end up on lots...esp eases becauses those folks typically lease because purchase and finance chearges are beyond their cashflow abilities
Good point..I hadn't thought of early lease returns....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Monk,

I live 30 min from Strongsville Alfa. Almost got mine there b/c their selection is by far the best in the greater Cleveland area. But, amazingly, the tiny Youngstown dealer had the color combo and options I wanted, so I jumped. I agree with the other posters here that you will always be able to get a great deal. The longer you wait may be a little friendlier on your wallet, but the selection of 19s will get picked through, eventually. So, jump when you and your wife like what you see. I got numbers from Strongsville too when I was nego----they will deal. 30 yr recently retired service member myself. You are gonna love that Stelvio and the back roads around Cuyahoga NP are pretty empty right now. Go for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah deals are pretty good right now. I know Strongsville will go 15 off a giulia and 16k off a Stelvio quad plus whatever rebates you qualify for. Turn wife’s beemer in next month so I’m sure we’ll do something soon. If not she can always drive our son’s gti as his college is all online now till fall. Crazy times we’re in. We use to live up in conneaut and there are some great roads up that way. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts