Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have called 5 different dealerships asking where the cabin air filter is located. Two dealerships said it was behind the glove box. Two others said it was in the engine compartment by the passenger side windshield. The last one said it was under the passenger compartment. I want to periodically inspect and possibly replace it if needed myself since my nearest AR dealership is 200 miles away. Has anyone seen the cabin air filter? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up a cabin filter for our Stelvio and assumed it would be similar to the Guilia. I removed the glovebox, and for the life of me cannot find where it goes. So before I screwed up all the expensive looking hardware, I gave up and retreated.

QUOTE=hamiltod;100509]hey guys, anyone able to locate where this is and diss'y/assembly instructions?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have called 5 different dealerships asking where the cabin air filter is located. Two dealerships said it was behind the glove box. Two others said it was in the engine compartment by the passenger side windshield. The last one said it was under the passenger compartment. I want to periodically inspect and possibly replace it if needed myself since my nearest AR dealership is 200 miles away. Has anyone seen the cabin air filter? Thanks.
Hi there
We're in the same boat as you with getting several different locations for our 2018 Stelvio T1 cabin air filter. On page 172 of our owners manual is the only reference that it even has one.
What was your outcome of location and replacement ease? Hubby's at his witts in.
Thank you

·
Registered
97 Posts
So good luck and we will await which side of the United States stelvio the cabin filter is on. I bought the filter and can’t wait to tackle this but have no desire removing a glovebox if on the other side

·
Registered
103 Posts
So good luck and we will await which side of the United States stelvio the cabin filter is on. I bought the filter and can’t wait to tackle this but have no desire removing a glovebox if on the other side
The cabin air filter on the Giulia and Stelvio are both located on the right side of the vehicle, which in the case of RHD markets like the UK (AlfaWorkshop, referenced above) means that the cabin air filter is on the driver's side, and does not require lowering the glovebox, since it's on the other side. In the case of LHD vehicles (like the US), it means lowering the glovebox to access it. The location of the cabin air filter does not change because of the market. And the Giulia's CAF remove/install procedure is not the same as the Stelvio, so referring to it doesn't really suffice.

This is usually a job most people elect to have done at the dealer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here is the official procedure for replacing the cabin air filter in the Stelvio. Believe it is the same process 2.0/2.9, but let me know if anything doesn't seem right.
Hi BossaNova, it looks like this is from a service manual. Do you have the entire service manual for the 2.0 or 2.9 by any chance that you can post for us?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi BossaNova, it looks like this is from a service manual. Do you have the entire service manual for the 2.0 or 2.9 by any chance that you can post for us?
Hi,

Yes, I have the service information for the entire modern US lineup. I don't refer to local versions so cannot post files that I do not have, and that is also against FCA policy. But I am happy to share PDF excerpts.

If you would like to purchase US market Stelvio service information, which is the same info provided to dealers and technicians, you can do so here:

18MY: 19MY: 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Service Information USBe - 81-370-19021-SUSB - Mopar Tech Authority -- each manual includes both 2.0 and 2.9

You can also buy a subscription to TechAuthority and gain access to even more information such as TSBs, RRTs, etc.

Very minor differences between the two manuals, nothing noteworthy I can remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So I bought the in cabin filter. I had a 20k oil change and rotate at the dealer I bought the stelvio from. Kudos to alfa Romeo of Brandon and Craig Blum who took care of me beyond the sale. The service writer said the in cabin was not due to replace until 30k. I believe the prior owner did at 10. It has over 18k miles now. Thoughts on when to give it a change. I was nervous trying to pry the panel off to start the job, the carpeted piece. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I bought the in cabin filter. I had a 20k oil change and rotate at the dealer I bought the stelvio from. Kudos to alfa Romeo of Brandon and Craig Blum who took care of me beyond the sale. The service writer said the in cabin was not due to replace until 30k. I believe the prior owner did at 10. It has over 18k miles now. Thoughts on when to give it a change. I was nervous trying to pry the panel off to start the job, the carpeted piece. Thanks
I do it every 10k because it's cheap where I go. $45-50 menu item. I always default to whatever the maintenance plan says, I don't question it. Easy job for a trained tech, they do it all the time. Recommended every 10k, mandatory every 20k.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks. Very interesting. The advisor indicated the techs hate doing it because it can take them 40 minutes. So when I had the filter and even offered to pay for the install, he balked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks. Very interesting. The advisor indicated the techs hate doing it because it can take them 40 minutes. So when I had the filter and even offered to pay for the install, he balked.
Yeah the document I provided in the past is the exact method the techs follow -- it's the same service info manual. As you can see, pain in the neck to do. My dealer counts it as a menu item because they feel charging ~$150 for a CAF would anger their clients, and they are probably right.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts