Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had one clip off and then the second in middle of the carpeted panel I was hesitant with. Might give it another go. Never give up, never surrender, as they said in the movie galaxy quest. I will eventually post when I get it done. Thanks alot

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ive done it, its VERY easy, except for sliding the damn filter in the slot. Just take off the passenger footwell panel, then up deep in it, you will see a small metal brace you need to remove, and some hard to reach screw for the filter box door.. then pop off it off, pull out the filter and try your best to wiggle the new one in, make sure you get the filters airflow direction is correct theres an arrow on the side.. takes about 30min.. just some hard to reach spots and hard contortion of your body to access it, but its very straightforward visually..

·
Registered
97 Posts
How easy was it for the initial carpeted panel. The clip nearest the filter area comes off easy. I am afraid on the center clip. Did you press up under the carpeted panel with a flathead or just yank it off

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just had the cabin air filter replaced yesterday and the filter was $26.52 and $15.00 to install it at my dealership. Lou Fusz Alfa Romeo / Fiat. My Stelvio is a 2018. They are a fantastic dealer!

·
Registered
97 Posts
For that price it would have been an easy decision. The dealer didn’t want to change it even if I offered to pay. Said at 18k miles, with it changed around 11k, I could wait until 30k miles

·
Registered
46 Posts
How easy was it for the initial carpeted panel. The clip nearest the filter area comes off easy. I am afraid on the center clip. Did you press up under the carpeted panel with a flathead or just yank it off
It just pops out if you pull on the side panel..very durable, dont be afraid to give it a little pull.. the filter panel clip has one hard to reach screw on it up high i think, but i think if you just push the lower clip on it, once the screws are not holding it on, it just pops right off.. a few min of fiddiling around and you will get it.. dont be afraid, you wont be able to break anything and you can always put back whatever you do wrong..the hardest part is laying upside down out of the passenger footwell.. make sure u have a good light, take ur time under there and really analyze it all.. its very straightforward, so dont doubt yourself.. you can def do it, and if for some reason you fail, the dealer can always save u in 30min :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
also getting the filter in itself is far harder than anything else because you literally have to scrunch it up thru the small opening and hope it expands inside.. its a reall pain lol.. but once its done you know its a good job and you can breath easier lol

21 - 28 of 28 Posts