Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
10 minute rule is annoying. First forum to get draconian like this. We lousy typers need to go back and clean things up on occasion

·
Registered
536 Posts
lots of the forums I'm on do this usually 20 minutes tho. But it's good in the case of a poster getting in a disagreement or mad about things and strips various threads of their posts making some of them difficult to follow. Not so much on the bs threads but on threads with technical content, tips etc it can be a disaster.

10 minute rule is annoying. First forum to get draconian like this. We lousy typers need to go back and clean things up on occasion

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
20-30 would be fine, but most don't have limits for editing.

·
Administrator
174 Posts
Yeah, we have the limits in place for essentially the same reason that zvezdah1 mentioned above. I've not really heard of this as being an issue on other forums with time limits in place. Most members seem to just give their posts a quick read through before they hit the post button.

Again, we are happy to correct any edits that were not made prior to the time expiration. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
536 Posts
yeah I was a mod on elisetalk back in my elise days. We had a really tech savvy member who had posted literally dozens of threads on tech related information, tips, etc. At one point he got mad and went back and deleted hundreds of his posts in those threads making the threads essentially unusable.

Yeah, we have the limits in place for essentially the same reason that zvezdah1 mentioned above. I've not really heard of this as being an issue on other forums with time limits in place. Most members seem to just give their posts a quick read through before they hit the post button.

Again, we are happy to correct any edits that were not made prior to the time expiration. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
474 Posts
...and "delete"?
No edit or edit posts or answers.. reply etc...
Sometime you would like to edit a post with more pictures or edit to anothers...
Or even add text... or correct for more update info.

In my opinion it should be free edit, but I´m only a user.
Everyone have a responsible use of the forum. If not , get a warning...
Mostly Stelvio Forum is grown up age range... so please don´t threat us like childs who need parental advisory.
As I said.. just my opinion... only an user.

Peace! :wink

Flavio

·
Administrator
174 Posts
Hey there,

Leaving "edit" unlimited are going to cause a huge amount of loopholes that we cannot risk for the forum.
If any user needs to ever "edit" some information, we can look into it and see what we can do.

As for "deleting" we don't delete content on the site. If you need personal information removed, please PM us and we'll see if we can get it sorted.

Ed

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
how are you going to be able to tell I was the a-----e who instigated a bunch of crap if I get to remove it or clean it up later, making someone else look like they were a total jerk?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,

Users only have 10 minutes after a post has been submitted to edit it. I can edit the post for you if you let me know exactly what you need edited.

Niall
I'm retired and belong to both the Stelvio and Giulia Forums. I frequently have plenty of time and make some longer posts. I also many times go back and correct or add something to my posts as I remember extra thoughts or facts. I find that nice rather than having to make a new post. If the rule says 10 minutes I'll live with that. You're the boss.

However, I'm just curious why the edit time over at the Giulia Forum is much longer. Perhaps there is zero connection between these two forums other than the obvious that they are both AR. This morning at 6:04am I made a post. Minutes ago I went back and the edit box was still there. I made an edit at 4:17pm, 10 hours later.

Chuck

I am very close to getting a Giulia but... - Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum (post #8)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm a Giulia owner but enjoy this forum also and find lots of relevant info for both Giulia's and Stelvio's in both forums. I have several new friends who are Stelvio owner's. My new service dealer, Seattle Ferrari/Maserati/Alfa Romeo who I found out about from Stelvio Forum member Cambir, has a ton (43) of Stelvio's in stock with amazing prices.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
"I frequently have plenty of time"

uhh, you could use some of that time proof reading your longer posts, or waiting to hit submit until you've had a chance to collect more thoughts.

·
Registered
463 Posts
how are you going to be able to tell I was the a-----e who instigated a bunch of crap if I get to remove it or clean it up later, making someone else look like they were a total jerk?
"I frequently have plenty of time"

uhh, you could use some of that time proof reading your longer posts, or waiting to hit submit until you've had a chance to collect more thoughts.
Maybe just don't be an "a-----e" and you wouldn't have to worry about it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts