Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
When you look at what’s ranked above the Stelvio it’s still punching above its price point. Everything ranked higher by C&D is at least $15-20k more. That includes the Macan (because the base Macan doesn’t exist in the wild, you’ll never find one without at least $10k in options) and the Jag F-Thing because C&D ranked it assuming you would spec the big V6 for $55k and counting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you look at what’s ranked above the Stelvio it’s still punching above its price point. Everything ranked higher by C&D is at least $15-20k more. That includes the Macan (because the base Macan doesn’t exist in the wild, you’ll never find one without at least $10k in options) and the Jag F-Thing because C&D ranked it assuming you would spec the big V6 for $55k and counting.
Yep! :smile

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looking at the top 10 and for the price point the Stelvio has many things better the the others in the top 10.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Does anybody actually read C&D anymore??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anybody actually read C&D anymore??
Good question. I got a subscription a few years ago for almost nothing and would just toss them immediately in the recycling. It's not the magazine it was in the 70s or 80s but then again none of them are.

I saw the title in my FB feed and was expecting them to put Alfa near the bottom so I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I read their online reviews when researching cars. My father still gets a sub so we hand the mags to my son who is obsessed with engines and cars. He loves how my Alfa drives, just hates the distinctive grill. The joke of course being that he will get it when he’s older.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
X3 has always been the cheapo BMW X till the X1 became the cheaper replacement for a 3 series. Saw a 10year old 5 series next to a new 3 series the other day and they appear to be same size....thus the overweight sausage and kraut BMW's have become requiring big HP.

Reactions: liv4spd

·
Registered
15 Posts
I stop reading this article when I see they rank X3 ahead of Stelvio!

I guess real owners know the ranking better than those car magazine editors.
We test drove the X3 (coming from a BMW 128) and it was immediately crossed off the list. We tried the X4 M and even that felt sluggish and cheap.

After that we tried the Q5, and that was definitely a step up, but it wasn't until we got into the Stelvio that we were wowed. A completely different experience. Light years better than the X3. I don't know how C&D ranked it even in the top 10 or 12.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can't agree more.

We test drove the X3 (coming from a BMW 128) and it was immediately crossed off the list. We tried the X4 M and even that felt sluggish and cheap.

After that we tried the Q5, and that was definitely a step up, but it wasn't until we got into the Stelvio that we were wowed. A completely different experience. Light years better than the X3. I don't know how C&D ranked it even in the top 10 or 12.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts