Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a few hours today at the Car Show at the Harrisburg Farm Show arena. It is a big deal locally- next is Philadelphia and Baltimore where Alfa is planning a big splash. They had a Stelvio upstairs with FCA brands and no representatives. So I had a good time sharing info and enthusiasm (probably should be doing this full time but work gets in the way). There was a good crowd of the correct demographic pouring over the Stelvio but sadly no other attention Was paid to them.

Downstairs, Faulkner Maserati-Alfa had a nice display and I so enjoyed touching base with the rep (we ultimately purchased from another dealer) and he gave me a bunch of cards which I handed out at Benz, BMW, and Porsche (Macan) in conversation with others. He noted frustration with the delay of connectivity and the hitch (coming) but what a joy it was for me to watch and participate in the process.

Anyway the point- I looked over Lexus (that horrible contrived schnozz!) and all the other competitors and have absolutely no regrets or second thoughts about our decision- in fact totally thrilled and enthusiastic even more than yesterday. The drive home reminded me what a great vehicle we bought and I can see first hand the challenge is for Alfa not to get lost in the shuffle and to get butts in seats as they say.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Maybe Alfa is waiting to do a full blown advertisement after all of the things listed in the owners manual but not available to order can actually be ordered. I have never seen an ad on TV about the Stelvio, but knew about them from car related articles.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
If you watch F1 , they advertise on ESPN and they advertise during the NHL playoffs. Theads are appearing and lots of magazines have well positioned ads. I don't want it to become dime a dozen like Jeep so I'm happy with the moderate sales.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
330 Posts
in fact...they've advertised pretty heavily during sports events....Something Alfa NEVER DID in its previous life inthe us..

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
at the greenwich ct concours quite a few manufacturers had test drives available - AR as a manufacturer wasn't there.
at least the local dealer brought a stelvio Q for display, but I do wonder what AR is thinking sometimes.

·
Registered
763 Posts
at the greenwich ct concours quite a few manufacturers had test drives available - AR as a manufacturer wasn't there.
at least the local dealer brought a stelvio Q for display, but I do wonder what AR is thinking sometimes.
Well, that just may be it, maybe AR is not doing a very good job of thinking about their customers or potential customers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts