Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and installed the Carbon AC surround today. It looks great but... my stupid ass didn’t realize the threads were facing the other direction until after I had glued it on with windo weld. This may drive me crazy...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I requested mine with "right" weave.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I requested mine with "right" weave.
Looks so much better!!! :cry:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright... so I did a thing. The reverse weave carbon fiber on my A/C surround was driving me crazy so the kind people at Madness sent me a new piece facing the right direction.

The only problem is that I glued the original reverse weave piece on with WindoWeld. I have heard this stuff is impossible to get off but I was determined.

With some heavy duty fishing wire and a hair dryer, I was hoping to pry this piece off. And, I was successful. Sort of...

Turns out it pulled the whole piece it was attached to off. The fit on these Koshi parts is so tight that it really was impossible to pry the two apart even with the entire base piece off. So, it was either put the piece back on or buy a new base piece. But.. the Koshi piece fit so well I wondered, could I just stick that piece on by itself?

So I just put on a ton of VHB tape and hoped it would be enough to stick on to something underneath to be stable enough. If not, VHB tape can be coaxed off.. unlike WindoWeld.

Final product. The only place it doesn’t fit flush is the bottom leading edge facing up... there’s a small gap there that the Koshi cap doesn’t cover. Otherwise it is holding on so far. My OCD may be satisfied. Stay tuned.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts