Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And in video format too! The styling may seem simple to him, but it's all about the performance and how sporty it feels when taking on the mountain corners.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really don't think it'll have to work hard to stand out of the crowd... standing out is what Alfa Romeo does. And they do it well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
what really stood out to me was the mention that this will handle similar to the Giulia
as a future potential buyer thats a powerful statement since it means we have something to test for ourselves before waiting for Stelvios to show up at dealers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We could be seeing more reviews soon as it looks like a stelvio presentation took place recently in the Italian Alps. But the review I found was in Hungarian. Thanks to Google translate, we can understand a bit of it and the performance should make up for any shortcomings it has. Direct steering was mentioned as was a 50/50 weight ratio.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hasn't there been a lot of reviews since the Stelvio debuted last year? Unless it's a special trim that's being promoted by Alfa Romeo right now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There are tons of design reviews and first impression reviews but not many of driving impressions or on-track reviews because nobody got to drive one back then.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That must have been what I've been confusing these with, there were a lot of first drive reviews on youtube with people taking the Stelvio around curvy mountain roads if I recall correctly. But there aren't any track reviews and I'd be very interested to see it take on rivals on track.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That must have been what I've been confusing these with, there were a lot of first drive reviews on youtube with people taking the Stelvio around curvy mountain roads if I recall correctly. But there aren't any track reviews and I'd be very interested to see it take on rivals on track.
Here's one that I posted a little while ago that'll give you a bit of an idea.

http://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/56-2018-alfa-romeo-stelvio-reviews/1074-autoevolution-stelvio-track-review.html

But I would like to see a video review of some comparisons between the competition, give it a little and I'm sure we'll see it. Definitely expect something from Motor Trend though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Even track reviews alone won't be good enough. Part of this will depend on AR. They have to show us what went into developing the Stelvio. It's a fundamental part of our overall knowledge and understanding.

Once we can better understand what the Stelvio was meant to be the better we can judge it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Those are both equally as useless to you though. If they walk you through what the goal of the Stelvio was, and then take you through the development process and what R&D they did, is that going to make or break the sale of it for you?

90% if not more of consumers that are buying these really don't give a darn what went into developing it, what it's made of, how they got there, etc. Once the product they get in their hands feels good to them for whatever they need it for.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They posted the video of some of the work that goes into assembling it and the quality control steps they take. That's good enough for me. Shows that they actually look into everything and it's an advanced setup they have going on.

They tested it on the ring, yeah that doesn't really say much as a lot of vehicles get tested there but it shows that some level of refinement was put into it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've only seen the Alfa Romeo Guilia production video and the workers there are meticulous, even going as far as to hand buff out anything they feel is off. THe same care would apply to the new Stelvio I'm sure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That kind of stuff is definitely something I appreciate. As well as something I'd rather them do at the factory opposed to them doing at a dealership with someone less experienced.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Someone did bring up a goop question for carfection's Stelvio review.
If it only sends torque to the front wheels when there is a lack of traction on the rears why do the front wheels spin first at 1:00?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've only seen the Alfa Romeo Guilia production video and the workers there are meticulous, even going as far as to hand buff out anything they feel is off. THe same care would apply to the new Stelvio I'm sure.
They will only do that stuff to a point its good enough, I bet you that from inspecting some Giulia's you'll find out there still a lot of work to do, that's if you want a perfect looking Giulia under a microscope. Rarely do cars come from the factory 100% flawless.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very rarely. I remember seeing Porsche GT3 RS needing some full paint correction because it was so horrible from factory. Full of swirls, holograms, buffer trails, I would be extremely upset.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts