Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just happened to me yesterday. Scares me because i cannot see all the warnings, and i've had quite a few error messages lately, but those have typically go away after turning the car off and restarting. but scary none the less.
Hello AlphaRomano,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concerns. If it would be of interest, I would be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist. Please follow up with us via private message when you can.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
114 Posts
DTCs are usually stored in the onboard diagnostic system, so if you are experiencing faults, techs will most likely still be able to access them, regardless if MILs are visible or not on the IPC. Not a big deal.

This is an Alfa Romeo guys, electrical quirks are part of the experience -- get used to it. Count on having a few little things every year, at a minimum, and you will never be surprised.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, it fixed itself today on my way to a friends to disconnect the battery as suggested above. My forward crash alert went on because a car in front of me was turning (still had plenty of time for them to turn without crashing into them, but besides the point). And next thing i know, the center display came back on! who knows. the electronics with this car are crazy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this problem and I'm in Korea where there are no Alfa Romero dealers. Hey AlfaRomeroCares, what is your suggestion for me? The car doesn't even have 17,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Not AlfaCares...but I have an Alfa, and I care...sorta..

Pretty sure it is the same display that is used in some jeep/dodge/maserati models if you can't source parts. Might need to do some research on that to find an exact match, but positive there is a jeep or dodge part that will work. Otherwise I would head to a dodge/jeep or Maserati dealer and see if they would be willing to check it out given it will be what they are working on in the next few years.

Otherwise how'de you get it in Korea??? South I assume? Not challenging or anything, think its cool!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a government employee and I'm on my last hurrah before retiring. After this, it's time for retirement.

The Koreans love this car but I am disappointed by it.

I am thinking that the IPC issue should be addressed by the NTSB and force a recall. It is a safety issue and it seems to be rather widespread.

There was a guy here with a 4C Spider that got sideswiped by a Hyundai Bongo III truck and it took months to get it repaired. There is another Alfa here with the brand "Wing" that I've never seen before.

Anyway, I'll take your advice and see if the Jeep dealer can help me. Jeeps are popular with the Koreans and there are a number of dealers around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same thing happen to our 2018 Stelvio....out of nowhere, the center display cluster went dark. For those of you who have gone to your dealership...any indication what caused this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Same problem started yesterday. previously found some issue with the bigger screen but fixed after a day.
I think should be reprogrammed or update.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi,

Same problem started yesterday. previously found some issue with the bigger screen but fixed after a day.
I think should be reprogrammed or update.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares
Hi Alison,
Thank you for the quick response. I prefer not to go to a dealership due to the COVID things.
Please let me know if it can be fixed by disconnecting the battery as I noticed the same issue happened to others.

thank you

·
Registered
523 Posts
As our team is not comprised of trained technicians, we do rely on our certified dealer partners to be our eyes and ears in the field. With this in mind, I recommend going to your dealership when you can.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
11 Posts

This is what I found. I just experienced the same issue and I am currently in AR of Manhattan. They are working on this issue and suggested they perform an IPC flash.

Not AlfaCares...but I have an Alfa, and I care...sorta..

Pretty sure it is the same display that is used in some jeep/dodge/maserati models if you can't source parts. Might need to do some research on that to find an exact match, but positive there is a jeep or dodge part that will work. Otherwise I would head to a dodge/jeep or Maserati dealer and see if they would be willing to check it out given it will be what they are working on in the next few years.

Otherwise how'de you get it in Korea??? South I assume? Not challenging or anything, think its cool!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had that infotainment problem
I’ve just had the same problem. Sadly this was bought new 12 months ago and been back 4 times for a Forward Camera fail, the first fault occurred the day after I bought it, Exhaust sensor issues and kept at the dealership for over 2 weeks, it broke down with another sensor issue being transferred from one branch to another at the point of purchase, and today is a blank infotainment screen! This really has been a piece of crap and it is less than a year old. Stelvio Nero Diesel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, when you said to disconnect the battery 3 times is there driving in between?

I have done it now twice and the first time the “ESC” notification was displayed and the trunk door stopped closing but would finish off locking. After the second the “ESC” went away but the trunk door still won’t work. Should I try it again for a third time or start over for the 3 tries without driving in between?

If your instrument panel is black, technicians are instructed to disconnect the battery and wait three minutes before reconnecting it. Then, they do this up to three times. If it is still black after the third time, the IPC gets replaced entirely. If it comes back to life, it gets reflashed.

Please see attached -- known issue across Giulia and Stelvio, super common.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brilliant, Followed Bossanovas post, re battery disconnection. After disconnecting 3 times panel has come back to life.
Hopefully I can hold out until the next service before visiting the garage.?
Thanks all.
Having the same issue, did you drive the car in between disconnecting?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your instrument panel is black, technicians are instructed to disconnect the battery and wait three minutes before reconnecting it. Then, they do this up to three times. If it is still black after the third time, the IPC gets replaced entirely. If it comes back to life, it gets reflashed.

Please see attached -- known issue across Giulia and Stelvio, super common.
Well, that truly is a huge inconvenience for us. We live in St. Augustine, FL bought from Alfa Romeo in Daytona - an hour drive away one-way to find out they may have to replace the IPC. Does it have to be ordered or do they have in stock? Jacksonville location is not yet certified. At least the would be a 30-minute drive. Went black yesterday - no rain. And was black again today. How long should I wait? Until a dealership shows up in St. Augustine?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello CorgiE63,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. Pleas keep us updated on your dealer findings. If any additional assistance is needed throughout this process, please do not hesitate reaching out to us.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares
Any update on why center console goes black and how to fix?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts