Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have same problem. The instrument panel is not working and this is scary since am driving from Vegas to LA. All the important warning signs are seen in that cluster instrumental panel

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got an appointment to get mine checked out, after 10 days it came back on and has been on since. When I described what I was experiencing and mentioned this forum, the service guy said he never heard this happening…clearly it is happening to multiple people. I canceled my appointment since it’s on and the dealership is 2 hours away. Now I’m paranoid it’s going to happen again.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
3 Posts
Omg hahaha thanks for your reply but You do not understand the question. It is very probably that you in USA have only one battery. My car in Europe has two batteries. Mostly stelvios have two batteries. First under the trunk and second under the hood. That's why I asked you about it. Never mind I found solution to fix it on my own and it has nothing to do with disconnect battery. It is very simple. That's all
May I ask what your solution was?

·
Registered
8 Posts
37K all is well except I have lost the center display cluster between tachometer and speedometer. It pulses occasionally in the dark. There was no incident or unusual cause. I want to believe software but anyone else have this issue?
2018 Stevio here...only 17k miles.. and I had the center screen go dark for a few days (a few days ago)... tried the battery disconnect/connect trick... did not seem to work, and then early this morning, picking up my daughter and her boyfriend to go to the airport, it just started working again... I was getting geared up to call the dealer service dept tomorrow to book an appointment.. but now it seems ok. good to have the screen back... it displays a lot of critical info... :) I am very used to Alfa Romeo's and their occasional problems... I had a 1972 Berlina 2000cc 4-door sedan for 28 years (1979-2007)...and have been thru it all :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
2018 Stelvio. instrument cluster flickered few times then went dark. Tried disconnecting the battery but didn't work. Called the dealer and they asked me to bring the car in. When ask if replacement was needed so that i would need a loaner, he simply said it's most likely a software update. The hell.... what kind of update is needed for a car that was working fine for past 3 years?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased a used 2018 a week and a half ago and the same thing has happened to me. I have an appointment to bring it to the dealer in early January. Unfortunately I did not purchase this from an Alfa dealer, I purchased it from a Chevy Cadillac dealer. I was told they will likely have to bring it to the Alfa dealer. I guess things could be worse. Hoping I do not experience a lot of these types of issues. The dealer I purchased the car from his responsible for the first 60 days. Thankfully I purchased a four year extended warranty, but obviously hoping I don’t have to use it very often. Otherwise love the car!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
37K all is well except I have lost the center display cluster between tachometer and speedometer. It pulses occasionally in the dark. There was no incident or unusual cause. I want to believe software but anyone else have this issue?
It happened to my wife’s,
Close door, press start but don’t turn on the car, then press start again, open door then press start and start again. Do this about 2 times abs it should work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This happened to me on Wednesday(last week) where the center cluster screen between Tachometer & Speedometer went dark. I read the comments in this forum and kept on driving as if nothing happened. Then on Saturday I drove for 5 hours and stopped for lunch, after lunch when I started my car the screen came back on and everything seems to be normal.

I just spoke to Alfa Dealership Toronto, they told me its nothing to be concerned as it's common finding in Alfa's and it might have happened due to low power on the battery because of cold weather, he insisted me to keep driving and if I encounter this issue again then contact the dealership.

Hope this helps whoever is reading when they experience this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’m having the same issue with the car the screen is dark with intermittent light. Can someone tell me what it is ? The dealer is 68 miles and I want to know if something I can reset. Thanks
Speedometer Trip computer Tachometer Car Gauge

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I’m having the same issue with the car the screen is dark with intermittent light. Can someone tell me what it is ? The dealer is 68 miles and I want to know if something I can reset. Thanks View attachment 26367
I just kept driving, it came back by itself after 2-3 days. Reason for this is due to low voltage on the battery. It might happen again during extreme winters.

Did you change car battery? I'd suggest try driving normally for 2-3 days it should also go away for you.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts