Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don’t really know much about markers but I have thought of getting red seat belts to go with my red stitching quad. Anyone replace their seatbelts yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t really know much about markers but I have thought of getting red seat belts to go with my red stitching quad. Anyone replace their seatbelts yet?
I guess it shouldn't be that difficult to change your seat belts with the ones that go with the OEM red sport seats. Having it done at your dealer shouldn't be that expensive either... Good luck!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Unless you are an artist or just really skilled at precise controlled movements, probably not the best idea. Just picking the correct dye to match colors on different surfaces (which absorb dyes different and give a different result, so each requires a different dye to get the same final shade) is it's own profession.

Totally having flashbacks to my Grandpa who installed a swamp cooler in the trunk of his classic T-Bird cut of hole in the backseat for the cool air to blow through, then bragged about his "custom A/C"....thought he could sell the car for more afterward...

...some things should not be done, even if you know how to do them....

IF you are really skilled AND you know how to pick a dye to match....it could look cool though. Personally I would put it in the "cool idea, but too hard to execute properly" column...

Hard to tell really..but if you zoom into some of those photos it looks like there is some bleed on to leather/vinyl behind the stitching and those seats belts don't really match....that would bug me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unless you are an artist or just really skilled at precise controlled movements, probably not the best idea. Just picking the correct dye to match colors on different surfaces (which absorb dyes different and give a different result, so each requires a different dye to get the same final shade) is it's own profession.

Totally having flashbacks to my Grandpa who installed a swamp cooler in the trunk of his classic T-Bird cut of hole in the backseat for the cool air to blow through, then bragged about his "custom A/C"....thought he could sell the car for more afterward...

...some things should not be done, even if you know how to do them....

IF you are really skilled AND you know how to pick a dye to match....it could look cool though. Personally I would put it in the "cool idea, but too hard to execute properly" column...

Hard to tell really..but if you zoom into some of those photos it looks like there is some bleed on to leather/vinyl behind the stitching and those seats belts don't really match....that would bug me.
I agree. I wouldn’t tackle this either. If I really wanted it changed then I’d take the seats out, cut the stitching out and restitch through all the same holes by hand so there wouldn’t be any dye bleed at all..... but now we are getting nuts.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
That is just asking for trouble, even on black seats!! There is a reason it costs so much on high end autos BTW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts